eom

Boots..

So my Danners finally blew out last weekend and I’m in the market for some new boots, leaning towards more of a hiking boot than a hunting boot but also want good ankle support. Any suggestions?

Salomon. No break in required. I wear them everyday and put a lot of miles on them. I wear the Quest 4D 3 GTX. Super comfortable. I think they have a warranty as well but I’ve never had to use it 

• Like 3

Just now, AZBull said:

Salomon. No break in required. I wear them everyday and put a lot of miles on them. I wear the Quest 4D 3 GTX. Super comfortable. I think they have a warranty as well but I’ve never had to use it 

+1 

• Like 2

Crispi. I love mine. They are by far the most comfortable shoes I own. 

• Like 3

Go try a bunch on, the folks at REI are very patient.  It is really about what fits best and what features you want. I currently wear La Sportiva, Asolo, and Lowa.  I have a slightly narrow foot so most of the euro boots fit me better.  The most expensive boots I have are Zamberlan got excited a few years back after all of the great reviews and I wanted to love them but they just don't fit me well.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

Crispi. I love mine. They are by far the most comfortable shoes I own. 

+1. Got some Nevada’s last year. By far the most comfortable boot Ive ever worn. 

• Like 3

Salomon as stated above, 

For a sturdy boot i like Lowa Tibet.

• Like 1

Good thread.  I bought a pair of Keen boots a couple weeks ago.  Not worn them for serious hiking yet, but a day in the desert last Saturday and they were great.

I found mine on offerup.com for $60.  Like brand new and the guy even delivered them to my work.

Bit if a crap shoot buying this way since what's available is not predictable, but some decent money can be saved if time is not of the essence.

Good luck,

Eddie

• Like 1

I just got some Crispi also for the Javelina hunt this year.  They were very comfortable for the first time out,

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rcdinaz said:

Go try a bunch on, the folks at REI are very patient.  It is really about what fits best and what features you want. I currently wear La Sportiva, Asolo, and Lowa.  I have a slightly narrow foot so most of the euro boots fit me better.  The most expensive boots I have are Zamberlan got excited a few years back after all of the great reviews and I wanted to love them but they just don't fit me well.  

I completely forgot about REI gonna have to make a trip up, I’ve been looking at the crispi as well. Thanks for the replies!

For sure will get LOTS of varying opinions on a topic like this. ;)

I have Keens that I got at REI, and I love them.  Originally purchased a pair of them 4 years ago, and did Havasupai in them a week later.  No break-in period needed.  SUPER comfortable and rugged.    I like them so much, that I bought two more identical pairs to keep in my closet for use as the originals eventual wore-out.  (When I find something I like, I stick with it! 😂)  As mentioned by rcdinaz above, the REI folks pretty good at helping you find the right fit.

Good luck!

S.

• Like 2

Camofire had a bunch of crispi boots on sale today for 30% off...

• Like 1

If you go to REI try on some Oboz. The wife and I have been using them for moderate to tough hikes and they have done very well. We went in having never heard of the brand and both walked out with new Oboz hiking boots.

• Like 1