Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Tag Surrender/Point Guard=No Bonus Point?

Anyone heard about this change in 2020? 

I have a buddy who screwed up his app, drew a terrible unit with 10BPs that he says he did not apply for (but was more than likely his mistake scrolling during the hunt choice), and is already planning on turning his tag back in with Point Guard.  He says a buddy of his (who is dating a G&F worker) told him of a change this year where you do not get the bonus point for the year if you use your Point Guard.

Well I was wrong. It states that you will get the extra point.  If they changed it, I'd argue that they need to notify everyone prior to the change.

• The hunt permit-tag being surrendered and PointGuard purchase will be verified by the department.
  • The department will restore all accumulated bonus points for that particular species, including the bonus point the applicant would have accrued if not successful in the draw.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Well I was wrong. It states that you will get the extra point.  If they changed it, I'd argue that they need to notify everyone prior to the change.

• The hunt permit-tag being surrendered and PointGuard purchase will be verified by the department.
  • The department will restore all accumulated bonus points for that particular species, including the bonus point the applicant would have accrued if not successful in the draw.

This is true the only thing is you forfeit the tag money but keep your points, without point guard you loose your pointers plus the tag money. 

What tag? Pretty terrible sounds pretty good right now for some of us 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think not getting the bonus point that year, if you use point guard, would be a pretty good deterrent for people who would just turn in their tag without a good reason

• Like 4

You can only use point guard ONE TIME per species.  So you better be pretty particular if you do.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

You can only use point guard ONE TIME per species.  So you better be pretty particular if you do.

Not entirely true, you can use it again once you have used up all your accumulated bonus points up, you can then use it again. 

• Like 1

I think if you point guard you should lose your loyalty point and no BP for that year.

this would avoid manipulating the current  system.

11 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I think if you point guard you should lose your loyalty point and no BP for that year.

this would avoid manipulating the current  system.

And get put on a 3-year wait to draw again while we’re at it... 😁