Sign in to follow this  
Oldboar2

San Carlos Turkey hunt cancelled?

2 hours ago, knothead said:

Well that sucks.  My question is what is the their rationing when they made this decision?  Being out in nature is what we should all be doing.

What's up with their website?  It's been down for months.

They aren't closing down hunting, just all access by non-tribal members across the entire rez. Tribal members can still hunt.  But since non-members can't access the rez anyway, their resolution also suspended all of the issues licenses. 

Just read that the liberals are pissed because Doug Douchey didn't close golf courses.

Screenshot_2020-03-24-16-20-38.png

2 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

Just read that the liberals are pissed because Doug Douchey didn't close golf courses.

Screenshot_2020-03-24-16-20-38.png

If the payday lender is a private business then they can do what they want. Chances are they’ll remain open and reap the benefits. Public golf courses will remain as such and people will do what they will.

f the res, I hope they choke on that 100,000 they got for the cancelled turkey hunts. never again

• Like 1

Can't beleive the libs are mad golf courses are open, Its outdoors , No diff. than Hunting!..............BOB!

• Like 1

And I bet San Carlos will Give back $ if not honor it for next year. Then maybee not. There are enough Guys that would still buy them for next year. I personally have never been there..............Good Luck Guys ................BOB!

22 minutes ago, naturebob said:

And I bet San Carlos will Give back $ if not honor it for next year. Then maybee not. There are enough Guys that would still buy them for next year. I personally have never been there..............Good Luck Guys ................BOB!

I have driven across it a few times and it is as beautiful as any other remote part of AZ. If I had a tag I would expect to get at least some of my fee back understanding that the Tribe incurred costs too that they need to retain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naturebob said:

I have the 2nd hunt so I'm hoping a miracle vaccine drops down upon us before April 11th.  As far as getting a refund or at least a tag next year goes I sent in my 2021 spring turkey money back in February.  So San Carlos Apache Tribe has $480 of mine already.  No name calling or hard feelings I just want to call turkeys & hunt.  

• Like 3

I love San Carlos. I just wish it wasnt trashed the way it is in some places. It is some awesome country.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, knothead said:

I have the 2nd hunt so I'm hoping a miracle vaccine drops down upon us before April 11th.  

4-11-21 is perfectly a reasonable date to expect a vaccine.

I don’t blame them for locking out you filthy white dudes. You see how this thing is blowing up everywhere else?