Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JSR

Gunwerks law suit

Recommended Posts

How much profit would you think they make on a 10k rifle? 2-3k? They’d have to sell 1,000 of them to get outta that hole. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Big Browns said:

I'm not a fan of their rifles, but I loved their G7 rangefinder.  They've done a LOT for the sport of hunting so I really hope they don't go out of buisness.

Doesn’t sound to promising 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

How much profit would you think they make on a 10k rifle? 2-3k? They’d have to sell 1,000 of them to get outta that hole. 

At least 5k per rifle they are pocketing.  But huge overhead with all the CNC machinery they have.  Hope they come out of it, they have been good for the firearms and hunting business in general.  They do build a great rifle but I get get just as good rifle built for 3K

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KoosCrazy said:

At least 5k per rifle they are pocketing.  But huge overhead with all the CNC machinery they have.  Hope they come out of it, they have been good for the firearms and hunting business in general.  They do build a great rifle but I get get just as good rifle built for 3K

The CNC machinery is part of the overhead.   I think most people would be surprised to see how much it costs to make those rifles and setups in a facility like that with the marketing costs they have.  I would be real surprised if they don’t have $7-8k into those setups.  Honestly that’s part of the game though, it’s a $4k rifle that that hype up to sell for $10k.  It’s just a marketing strategy, but marketing is expensive.  That’s how we all know about them is they pumped a ton of money into making sure we did, so they could sell rifles for $10k.  That’s why I was saying in my first post how I always take companies that have major marketing campaigns with a grain of salt, they are expecting that money to make their regular products worth a premium, or their lesser products worth that of a regular product by investing money into the marketing.  Problem is, marketing doesn’t do me any good in the field.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden for President and we see how that is failing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double fake news, like masks saves lives, and biden and hunter are pillars of the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good ol Wells Fargo up to their same old shenanigans again. 2008 repeat. They would/should be bankrupt, but we bailed them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys truly don’t believe this do you?  Anyone in here ever work in the banking industry?  They make their money on you making money and paying your bills.  Anyone that’s ever been involved in a lawsuit involving finances knows that the only person who wins financially in them is the lawyers.  They have absolutely no reason to go after the guy if he’s paying his bills.  They have absolutely no reason to smear his name, they own the dang thing for cripes sake.  Why would they want to smear the only capital they have left.  Gunwerks is long gone.  It’ll likely get absorbed for the name but that’s it.  This guy that runs it sounds like he’s so delusional that he doesn’t even understand where he sits.  If he truly has “eight figures of assets and almost no debt” then he never would have found himself in this jam.  I don’t know him from Adam but I can guarantee you he rolls about like Jeff Lowe from Tiger King, maybe even along the line of Joe Exotic from the way he quotes in the article.  What I would say the take home is on this is that “fake news” does exist, but you guys are just believing the wrong one in this case.  This company and this dude are in some serious crap and one article from “international sportsman” and some seriously outlandish claims from one clown don’t override that.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They obviously have had some issues with the line of credit, the article says 7 months of negotiation about it before the lawsuit. The details of that aren't clear. I guess we will see if WF files a lawsuit dismissal. 

Seems like they did:

http://www.codyenterprise.com/news/local/article_79f49f12-9c5c-11ea-86fe-279650987e06.html

https://k2radio.com/cody-based-gunwerks-says-it-has-settled-wells-fargo-lawsuit/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 12:35 PM, n2horns said:

Biden for President and we see how that is failing.

If you vote for trump then you ain’t black lol. Saw that chit last night from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 10:14 AM, yotebuster said:

The CNC machinery is part of the overhead.   I think most people would be surprised to see how much it costs to make those rifles and setups in a facility like that with the marketing costs they have.  I would be real surprised if they don’t have $7-8k into those setups.  Honestly that’s part of the game though, it’s a $4k rifle that that hype up to sell for $10k.  It’s just a marketing strategy, but marketing is expensive.  That’s how we all know about them is they pumped a ton of money into making sure we did, so they could sell rifles for $10k.  That’s why I was saying in my first post how I always take companies that have major marketing campaigns with a grain of salt, they are expecting that money to make their regular products worth a premium, or their lesser products worth that of a regular product by investing money into the marketing.  Problem is, marketing doesn’t do me any good in the field.  

 

15 hours ago, yotebuster said:

You guys truly don’t believe this do you?  Anyone in here ever work in the banking industry?  They make their money on you making money and paying your bills.  Anyone that’s ever been involved in a lawsuit involving finances knows that the only person who wins financially in them is the lawyers.  They have absolutely no reason to go after the guy if he’s paying his bills.  They have absolutely no reason to smear his name, they own the dang thing for cripes sake.  Why would they want to smear the only capital they have left.  Gunwerks is long gone.  It’ll likely get absorbed for the name but that’s it.  This guy that runs it sounds like he’s so delusional that he doesn’t even understand where he sits.  If he truly has “eight figures of assets and almost no debt” then he never would have found himself in this jam. 

Spot on!

Only thing  I have to add is that doesn't make any difference what a manufacture sells there stuff for if people buy it more power to them. You can look at machine tools and see that all day long. better marketing higher price.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh forgot to add the reason this is getting so much publicity about anti banks is due to the gun crowd. they choose to over look that a gun business can screw up. if it was a regular machine shop this wouldnt be a story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×