Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Spend Notifications for the Draw

I zig zag the country for work so all of my cards have notes to not deny. I check them weekly for fraud. Happened on my Costco CITI card last month. 

48 minutes ago, Spot said:

If you listened to the last commission meeting you would know that this is indeed necessary.

A hunter petitioned the commission to be issued an elk tag after having been successful in the draw but his bank turned down the charge as potential fraud.

The commission voted 5-0 to deny his petition. The reason they gave was that he should have contacted the bank prior to the draw and alert them of the potential charge.

Since the Commission now made the public reason to not justify giving the tag for not contacting the company.  Now with having and proving evidence that the credit card company was alerted before the date of the drawings. Going forward if our card denied and we were selected. We now have justification to receive the tag as bank error? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IA Born said:

I'm not going to Broke Back Mountain with you, Sean...

You boys don't really go up there to hunt, do you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's why I had to cut the cord for everyone one but me and my wife, fees, cards, and ungrateful people. So easy now.. Never under stood how people can hunt but no nothing about how the draw works. Kudo's to all of you who do it for everyone else.. Goodluck

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spot said:

If you listened to the last commission meeting you would know that this is indeed necessary.

A hunter petitioned the commission to be issued an elk tag after having been successful in the draw but his bank turned down the charge as potential fraud.

The commission voted 5-0 to deny his petition. The reason they gave was that he should have contacted the bank prior to the draw and alert them of the potential charge.

Total BS. It would be very easy for the G&F to have a backup card on file. You can contact the bank prior and still have them deny the charges. It's all automated by a computer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

That's why I had to cut the cord for everyone one but me and my wife, fees, cards, and ungrateful people. So easy now.. Never under stood how people can hunt but no nothing about how the draw works. Kudo's to all of you who do it for everyone else.. Goodluck

this

Credit cards routines and are automated, Most benefit of calling ahead is if you are traveling out of the country.  But a GnF charge for the most part will always get approved, unless you have other underlying issues ie., past due, no more money left etc...  I had fraud on a card, GnF was trying to hit the card, since the card was blocked and didn't get drawn.  Yes, GnF can have and should have back up cards, but they are not being smart on processing.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:51 PM, rossislider said:

I just needed to take a minute to vent to some folks that might share my pain and frustrations. Every draw cycle I submit applications for nine different people for multiple species. These applications are spread across 4 different credit/debit cards to help me in determining who may have drawn what tag prior to the official results coming out. However, since each card has the potential of being charged multiple times for the same or different amounts of money by the same company (AZGFD) multiple times in a matter of seconds. I take the time to contact each card company prior to the draw in an attempt to to make a "spending notification". The goal is to ensure they don't see the multiple charges in quick succession, assume fraud, and deny the charge. The process is annoying and takes way to long each time, but the biggest aggravation is trying to explain to the agent the AZGFD charge process and why they wold be charging my card multiple times in a matter of seconds for the same or different amount of money. They are accustomed to getting spending notifications for international travel, large amounts, etc. But clearly the concept of multiple $15 - $1100 charges in seconds by one company is baffling to them and beyond their systems to handle. Eventually, I get it straightened out, but after each call I know I have to have the same conversation all over again with the next card company. It is really a simple request, yet so complicated for the banking agent...

JUST DON'T DENY AND CHARGES FROM THE ARIZONA GAME AND FISH DEPARTMENT!!!

Anyway, rant over. I still have two more banks to call.😩

Good luck this Friday.

Just got off the phone with B of A. Me and sons cards are golden.  This year I started a new process of creating an email folder for each applicant I put in for. I found out though that Google wants to put all my emails from azgf in one folder making it impossible to separate them per applicant (unless there's a feature I dont know about). So next year I will have the azgf emails go to each applicants email and have them forward them to me so I can keep them separated by applicant my own way.  

Anyhoo I also started my own version of a spreadsheet to keep track of what card I used per person and which hunts they were put in for, or for just a point or nothing at all.  Here's a pic.

Hope it's obvious how it works and hope it helps someone else.  

20200625_162423.thumb.jpg.291263dd4f131dba34926545a1d3382a.jpg

Btw, stole the idea from lance after Adam came here fired up last draw. I'd love to have lance chime in and refresh my memory for his "system".

• Like 1

Very interesting, I print out the receipt, and try to remember where I put them at draw time..

2 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Very interesting, I print out the receipt, and try to remember where I put them at draw time..

Haha! If you seen the stack of mail next to my desk of unknown opened envelopes and documents and all that random blah blah blah you would know that holding onto a receipt is not even an option for me. Hahaha

• Like 1

If its not obvious.. P means bought a point, X means not worth the time.  After each name I put the last 4 of card used to try to figure who got what. 

Just right the 4 digits once and put there name under it who used the card, or just get a card for rack person. Lol like 10 cards you fertile man..

48 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

If its not obvious.. P means bought a point, X means not worth the time.  After each name I put the last 4 of card used to try to figure who got what. 

Similar system here, although it’s just me and one kid putting in. My spreadsheet is a sticky note on my keyboard. I put all the points on one card and the tags on another. With just 2 of us And one being youth it’s not hard to tell who drew when the charges come tomorrow. 

I also put in the app for myself and a group of friends for deer. Hardest part there is getting everyone to make a decision and give me their info. LoL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Similar system here, although it’s just me and one kid putting in. My spreadsheet is a sticky note on my keyboard. I put all the points on one card and the tags on another. With just 2 of us And one being youth it’s not hard to tell who drew when the charges come tomorrow. 

I also put in the app for myself and a group of friends for deer. Hardest part there is getting everyone to make a decision and give me their info. LoL

I’m always scrambling last minute to get everybody’s info!! This year my buddy wanted to be in charge and put everyone in. I’m sure it’ll be fine but I’m still nervous since I’ve done the draw for all of us for the last 10 years or so.