Boarman03

Where's the Beef? Here! FS

34 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Thankyou Boarman03 , great spending the day with you and some great beef, thankyou for all the extra help. Great meeting you BigMalcom, Jazz and hopefully Chris someday. Everyone enjoy and thanks again to Russ..  Dinner time

What time is dinner

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Thankyou Boarman03 , great spending the day with you and some great beef, thankyou for all the extra help. Great meeting you BigMalcom, Jazz and hopefully Chris someday. Everyone enjoy and thanks again to Russ..  Dinner time

Pleasures all mine sir! Nice meeting the both of ya!

On 6/29/2020 at 6:47 PM, HAWKEN said:

A week or 2 return? That seems too fast! We’ve always hung for 2 weeks minimum!

I wonder if a guy actually gets his beef back or someone else’s that’s been hanging already? 

Each got #80 he was a little lighter then we thought. Its our meat hung for 20days.. Thankyou Boarman03 , 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I wonder if a guy actually gets his beef back or someone else’s that’s been hanging already? 

I worked at Southwest. They have an in-house USDA inspector and you definitely get your own meat back. All that garbage about getting someone else's elk etc. is pretty baseless if you know how those large full-time processors work.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I worked at Southwest. They have an in-house USDA inspector and you definitely get your own meat back. All that garbage about getting someone else's elk etc. is pretty baseless if you know how those large full-time processors work.

Even with burger? 

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

They have always been a first rate operation.

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Even with burger? 

I used to help a couple processors, one was Browning processing , Jeremy infact,  everyone's animals were hanging (elk) usually 2 hooks, he would pull there ticket, I would start cutting off the hardened skin. He would start cutting cuts, then I would take the scraps to the grinder to to start doing charizo, sausage, and burger, washing the grinder after every item I mixed. Then I would package . Never had 2 different animals on the table at any time and never cross contaminated any meat. Then I would put it in the freezer on racks with tag numbers and cuts. Butchers charge hanging weight bone in. They don't care about finished wrapped weight.  I would think any processor that does mix burger and meat would be out of business after one season I would hope anyway.. My take anyway. Processors are just as anal as machinist 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

I used to help a couple processors, one was Browning processing , Jeremy infact,  everyone's animals were hanging (elk) usually 2 hooks, he would pull there ticket, I would start cutting off the hardened skin. He would start cutting cuts, then I would take the scraps to the grinder to to start doing charizo, sausage, and burger, washing the grinder after every item I mixed. Then I would package . Never had 2 different animals on the table at any time and never cross contaminated any meat. Then I would put it in the freezer on racks with tag numbers and cuts. Butchers charge hanging weight bone in. They don't care about finished wrapped weight.  I would think any processor that does mix burger and meat would be out of business after one season I would hope anyway.. My take anyway. Processors are just as anal as machinist 

I really miss that guy. He was talented for sure 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Game meat also? ??

9 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

With any luck it would be from one without nuts!!!

• Like 1