Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Saltwater 2020

One of my new fishing buddies messaged me earlier to go on the Searcher with them next week. He’s just like you guys, he loves that tuna fishing stuff

• Like 1

Was in Jamaica a couple weeks ago for a wedding (not my own).  Snuck away for a day of fishing.  Water looked really good but it turned out to be an expensive boat ride.  Absolutely no life in that water, no birds, bait, dolphins or whales.  Drug the spread past many large sargassum patches that you dream of finding with nothing home.  Fished with rigged ballyhoo, feathers, kona heads.  Crew worked hard changing baits but you cannot catch what is not there.  Still a good day on the water.

Jamaica Fishing July 2020 .jpeg

• Like 3

I ALWAYS hook up a fishing trip everywhere I go even if it is just a half day. I've fished some pretty cool places and at 67 I plan on fishing a bunch more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

sometimes it be like that. hopefully the captain brought decent ganja at least

Always good to get out on the water.  Weed is not an issue in Jamaica, legal to posess up to 5 ounces according to what we were told.  I did not partake however.

• Like 1

Alberto Knot. FG is stronger I guess but I can barely get it right sitting on my couch at home, on a rocking boat in a hot bite I'm not doing it. I can confidently tie the Alberto so that's what I'm doing. Goes through the eyes OK, not as small as FG. Mono to flouro I do a double uni. Albeto is smaller than Uni/Uni.

10 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Whats everyones favorite Castable braid to floro knot?  Fast and easy preferred

I’m liking the uni to Uni. I was using Alberto. You could always use a longer top shot so you don’t have to cast the knot through the guides