Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Saltwater 2020

8 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

There goes a big chunk of the tax return.  Hope the economy felt stimulated. Alaska is officially not gonna happen for awhile so I better make the best of it. 

20200721_193141.thumb.jpg.15c7ac22cf725a7244e681ff9fd3607e.jpg20200721_193208.thumb.jpg.270af6ecb6f400a015a22a248e3cced3.jpg

thats all in right there, now be better if you wrapped your own before the trip LOL. 

Just now, n2horns said:

thats all in right there, now be better if you wrapped your own before the trip LOL. 

I feel like a douche wearing a flat brim hat that just went out and bought a 6.5 creedmoore.  

• Haha 1

My mess that im deciding what to take for 8/1.

20200721_200503.thumb.jpg.047c8208dc8f583653edb4a153de1404.thumb.jpg.f977494f47b485d42997c92b9283d270.jpg

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

20200721_193208.thumb.jpg.270af6ecb6f400a015a22a248e3cced3.jpg

the fire captain next door has one of those 200# shimanos'.  i don't understand it must be global warming or some shoot.

they sure look better than my old shimano 'tuna taker' rods-one of those was stick #1 circa 1986

lee

• Like 1

i was thinking about this being a hunting forum and what most of the diehard must think of us gettin' all whacked out over a can of tuna.

it like this................like a big bull bugle from 10 yds behind you and you recognize his voice as the herd bull you are after.

watching two  100"+ coues go at it on a slope so steep they are causing a constant landslide just across the canyon

shotgunning a called in 'yote so close that as it dies its tail is twitching agin yer foot and you can smell the blood.

the first 30 seconds of a hookup is like that...thats the addiction for me at least.

lee

Resized95Screenshot9520200721-18192695Facebook.jpg

thats a 200+lb bigeye.  vendetta out of H&M got one today but that is not the vendetta.  from the bird with squid spreader and menhaden puke looks like northeast US.

13 hours ago, biglakejake said:

i was thinking about this being a hunting forum and what most of the diehard must think of us gettin' all whacked out over a can of tuna.

it like this................like a big bull bugle from 10 yds behind you and you recognize his voice as the herd bull you are after.

watching two  100"+ coues go at it on a slope so steep they are causing a constant landslide just across the canyon

shotgunning a called in 'yote so close that as it dies its tail is twitching agin yer foot and you can smell the blood.

the first 30 seconds of a hookup is like that...thats the addiction for me at least.

lee

The tug is the drug for sure! I don't think the guys you speak of have had a pelagic fish on the other end of their line or they would understand what it took to get that tuna can!

1 hour ago, Heat said:

The tug is the drug for sure! I don't think the guys you speak of have had a pelagic fish on the other end of their line or they would understand what it took to get that tuna can!

A 200 yard drag smokin' run is a drug for sure.

• Like 1