Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Saltwater 2020

All the name brand stuff is gonna stay in package. I'll probably return a lot of the expensive stuff since I need to take the left hand reel back anyway.  Im worried the fathom reels wont come in time though.

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

All the name brand stuff is gonna stay in package. I'll probably return a lot of the expensive stuff since I need to take the left hand reel back anyway.  Im worried the fathom reels wont come in time though.

What kind of left hand reel are you returning? 

note to all.  don't wait to buy sinkers in californica-no lead sinkers, lead bullets or lead wheel weights.  the sinkers are much bigger now and made of zinc usually.

• Like 1

Report from Heats trip..

Captain Jeff Spafford on the Outrider out of Fisherman’s Landing in San Diego, CA called in a wrap up report for Day 1 of our 2.5 Day Charter.

We got into some pretty good fish yesterday and boated 10 Bluefin Tuna up to 80 pounds.  Majority of them are in the 20 to 40 pound range and had a couple of 60 and 70 pounders plus 1 around 80 pounds.

• Like 1

My son Auggie worked with me since covid started. the kids a natural at dang near everything and he's been a huge help. Better employee than many adults. Well I wanted to do something special for him for helping me out all summer. I had a blast with him. So my wife, my mom and I chipped in for spot for him on the boat with us. 

He will turn 16 on the boat!  Hope he gets a big one.  

Oh, and our Fathom 25s came. We rigged a tensioner on the vice to put the braid on.

20200726_162807.thumb.jpg.b22476ca068e4b36a43a8bd2aad8bf16.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Father son time doesn't have a price on it.

This will be the year I look back at as a dad as a golden year. Possibly the Crest of the wave. He's smart and ambitious so I know he can do better then I did, and he will leave to find his niche in the world. I'm just thrilled he loves ocean fishing because he's not as much into hunting as I am. Hopefully we will have many more rod memories after this. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

This will be the year I look back at as a dad as a golden year. Possibly the Crest of the wave. He's smart and ambitious so I know he can do better then I did, and he will leave to find his niche in the world. I'm just thrilled he loves ocean fishing because he's not as much into hunting as I am. Hopefully we will have many more rod memories after this. 

You might want to look into get the patch for motion sickness. Getting sick can really ruin a trip.