Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Saltwater 2020

1 minute ago, cw4192 said:

WTF does salt water fishing have to do coues whitetail.  Start your own forum fruits.

trophy hunting buddy-one trophy at a time.  sashimi maguro goes very well with fruit!

5 minutes ago, n2horns said:

Sounds like a great trip and great memories.

We are leaving at 230 am and i rigged my 9ft with 50 lb for a squish jig and the 8'2" 30 ln on a purple Nomad Madscad.

Beer, pizza, PBnJ amd donuts are staged.  Spending Saturday night at the Hilton, then heading back to my sister and BIL house.

Ill post report either late Sat or Sun afternoon.

It was awesome.  I was humbled by the experience.  When they say bft are finicky with hook size and line weight they are not kidding.  It blows my mind the size fish these guys are catching with tiny hooks. Makes me think I need to completely re-evaluate my flathead fishing game

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Say what you want but I’m gonna stick with used condom fishing in the SOC. A lot of these California trips don’t sound like any fun at all. 

and tackle is far more simple.  5/0 hooks and 40# line minimum on 4/0 and 6/0 one speeds.  gotta get me back to lobos or bahia de los angeles before i kick it.

you are not going to believe this.  confirmed however-Monterrey bay 400 miles North of san diego!

"shoot it!  shoot it with the pistol"!

Well, just got back to my sister amd BIL house.

Did a 6 pack off a 50ft sportfisher yacht and we go skunked.  Had fish all over almost every stop.  Good jumpers too.

My cousin hooked one and forgot to keep a finger on spool and went for the handle, well kaboom there is the biggest birds nest ever and line snaps and gone.

I got one with Tranx 400 and 20lb line and number 1/0 hook, great fight, it was back and forth and almost spooled me, got back half the reel, and sawed off.

I threw a madscad and iron jig and no luck.  We could not land one, nore get any more bites.  Bait was purchased night before and was beat up, I think fresh bait would have helped.

Still had a blast and great trip with family.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Even the best Captains and anglers get skunked. Best way to forget about it is another great trip. Good luck on the next one!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Heat said:

Even the best Captains and anglers get skunked. Best way to forget about it is another great trip. Good luck on the next one!

Indeed, already thinking of one and the one Kev is hooked on now.

• Like 1

Lo-An.  sexiest diesels in the fleet.  i have a picture-somewhere-of her way, way outside 2005.

loancortezbank.jpg.0ee3f54c396d14c147392ea6ce90445d.jpg

just south of the cortez bank 2005.  Nick gave us his leftover bait while he fed his 1.5 guys.