Sign in to follow this  
Hammnit

Early Kaibab Rifle Reports???

Everything You do .no matter what now days people have an opinion against Ya on social media!.......................BOB!

• Like 2

On 11/1/2020 at 10:33 AM, nateNAU said:

Hunted the east side this year. Passed on a 135 type buck opening day and a giant fork right at Sun down. Nothing but spikes and forks after that. Hunted hard and put a lot of miles on the boots and a lot if time behind the glass. I think I kind of screwed myself opening morning. I though it was a good idea to go in on the mid pinion/juniper level of the old warm fire and hike up thinking I would get away from others while still hunting the burn. Well I was away from others and was able to glass a ton of country but unfortunately I think I was still to low. Only saw one fork way up in the burn and heard probably 15 people take shots higher up in the burn off the 67. After that I decided to hunt the top and saw hundreds of deer but nothing mature. Was able to glass up a sleeping coyote in the top of the burn so I don't think there was anything wrong with my glassing.

20201023_065325.jpg

20201026_170230.jpg

That yote pic is bad butt

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hunterjohnny said:

Haven't seen anything from Duane's camp yet...

Huh? I've already posted three in this very thread and also put up a video of one kill. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have been trying for a late tag the last four years and I am getting tired of waiting and not getting to hunt.  Not getting any younger either.  I think I am going to give it one more try next year and then nothing but early hunts for me after that.  I'm not much of a rifle hunter any more but I still enjoy giving it a go for deer.  Congratulations to all the successful hunters so far this year.

13 minutes ago, knothead said:

I have been trying for a late tag the last four years and I am getting tired of waiting and not getting to hunt.  Not getting any younger either.  I think I am going to give it one more try next year and then nothing but early hunts for me after that.  I'm not much of a rifle hunter any more but I still enjoy giving it a go for deer.  Congratulations to all the successful hunters so far this year.

4 years?  Really?  Unless you had other BPs built up, good luck.  Honestly, a late tag is usually a 12+ year wait.  You hear about people pulling one around 7 BPs, but not often.  Then there are those lucky suckers that draw with 1-4 BPs, but those are rare at best.  I have NEVER had a late tag, with up to 10 BPs.  But, I am determined that a late 12A tag WILL be my next deer tag.  I had 8BPs this year and really had no expectations of drawing.  Which I didn't. 

• Like 3

Yes, I know how many points it takes get in the 20% pass but I have never had to wait this long before.  I have had 2 late tags and 4 early since 2000 and still yet to put a tag on a 12aw deer.  The older I get, the less I want to wait.  I think my luck may be running out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

4 years?  Really?  Unless you had other BPs built up, good luck.  Honestly, a late tag is usually a 12+ year wait.  You hear about people pulling one around 7 BPs, but not often.  Then there are those lucky suckers that draw with 1-4 BPs, but those are rare at best.  I have NEVER had a late tag, with up to 10 BPs.  But, I am determined that a late 12A tag WILL be my next deer tag.  I had 8BPs this year and really had no expectations of drawing.  Which I didn't. 

According to toprut it took 14 points 4 years ago for the 20% bonus pass and 16 for this year. But if you look on the G&F website it says that 10 hunters with 3 points got the later tag. That is 10 out of the 75 taken! Pretty crazy you never know man!

53 minutes ago, knothead said:

Yes, I know how many points it takes get in the 20% pass but I have never had to wait this long before.  I have had 2 late tags and 4 early since 2000 and still yet to put a tag on a 12aw deer.  The older I get, the less I want to wait.  I think my luck may be running out.

The early hunt take 7 or 8 points guaranteed draw but hey you never know. If you're getting impatient do archery next year. Takes 3-4 points for guaranteed draw! If you have a hunters ed point plus loyalty then you can get that tag every other year at worst!

I drew early rifle with 5 or 6 points a few years ago, but it wasn't bonus pass. Some year I will get drawn again...

We won’t talk about how many points it took for my 11 yo to get the tag. Where was Duwane’s camp during the early hunt? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knothead said:

If you’ve had 6 Kaibab tags and not tagged a deer I’d say your luck ran out long ago.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2