Sign in to follow this  
apache12

ISO new Sig Kilo rangefinder. Looking for reviews from CW

I need a new rangefinder would prefer on deer to 1000 yard 750 yard min. Thought I would get some suggestions from folks here on CW about which one and why.  May be interested in used offers.  Might not be the right spot on the forum. Happy to redirect if suggested 

I’ve got a sigkilo1800. I’ve ranged deer at over 1,000 yards with it multiple times. It’s very responsive. Very nice for the money IMO.

• Like 1

We had three in our group. Two of them had the known battery battery issues where they shut off randomly and won’t work until you pull the battery out and put it back in. I had mine quit on a stalk. I sold it and bought a Leica. The newer models shouldn’t have the issue. Ours were the 2,000. I liked everything else about it. 

Dang. I read about the battery issue.  Any idea what year they got that fixed. Last thing you need in the field 

10 minutes ago, apache12 said:

Dang. I read about the battery issue.  Any idea what year they got that fixed. Last thing you need in the field 

I bought mine about 9 months ago and I have used it a lot. Haven’t encountered that issue yet

23 minutes ago, Dkart4 said:

I bought mine about 9 months ago and I have used it a lot. Haven’t encountered that issue yet

Have had 3 now (don’t ask) and never had this issue 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, apache12 said:

I need a new rangefinder would prefer on deer to 1000 yard 750 yard min. Thought I would get some suggestions from folks here on CW about which one and why.  May be interested in used offers.  Might not be the right spot on the forum. Happy to redirect if suggested 

Are you finally replacing that Nikon Rifle Hunter 550 you sold me?

I wasn’t aware of the battery issue. Was it specific models?

• Haha 1

I’ve got a 2200. It’s worked perfectly. Ranges past 1000 no problem every time. Only complaint I have it the circle to aim it is a little large for my liking but they might have fixed it by now

I know a member her has had battery issues but it was tied to extreme single digit cold, if I remember right?

Other than that this is the first I’ve hear or any battery issues. 

Hmm. Kind of a 60/40 split of good to some battery issues.  Wonder if the battery is cold weather.  

thanks for the feedback.