CatfishKev

Camera Poll

Camera Poll  

203 members have voted

1. 1. I think at this point everyone has heard all the pros and cons.

• Total Ban for hunting purposes
    • Cam season, Feb-July
    • Camera permit fee
    • Zero Ban on cams pertaining to hunting
    • Quarter mile from "point" water source (or however it was phrased)

Thinking of starting a new incorporated business. White mountain wildlife.  For a small annual fee I will send you trail cam pics of the areas wildlife with the gps coordinates. Hahaha

3 hours ago, huntlines said:

Here is an idea, how about just banning guides? Sounds like this will eliminate 90% of all the camera issues. If trail cams are banned, guides will just hire enough people to sit all the water tanks and take pictures with their cell cameras. Unless G&F want to ban taking pictures with cell cams too? Now you will just have to deal with paid guides sitting every water hole in the unit.

Guides are broke, just ask them.  200 guys costs a lot more than 200 cameras over a 10 day period.  

16 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Guides are broke, just ask them.  200 guys costs a lot more than 200 cameras over a 10 day period.  

Oh guides are always pleading the poor case. Doesn't stop them from having ten guys out checking hundreds of cameras months before the hunt. 

• Like 1

Taking deposits.

Going to put a GoPro on a spotting scope attached to a tripod and it will be powered by three 12 volt battery's.  Custom security box with land anchors and a lock.  Will ship ground for $100

Price depends on what spotting scope you want.

Price depends on what tripod you want.

Price depends on type of 12 volt battery you want.

Price depends on type of security box you want (light weight or regular.)

Build time 6 to 9 months. 

I am calling it the Birdseye Camera System.

I will only sell one per household. 

I will offer a discount to guides, military, law enforcement, first responders, and Republicans.  

DIY hunters there will be a surcharge added.  

Thank you for your business. 

18 hours ago, twistzz said:

I hate all the dam cams in the woods if you need meat that bad go to the grocery store!  Hard enough to get a tag and then have all that crap out there funken up your hunt!  Especially when someone decides to check their sims a week before their hunt during your hunt - not right...

If they don't check the camera because they're banned.   They likely will still visit the water scouting.  Get out walk around, check for tracks etc. 

We've all had lookie lou's show up with kids and fido.  I have inadvertently interrupted archery elk hunts due to overlap with grouse season.  Or running hounds in October.  Dogs start a lot of game off water.  If you have an elk tag should I not hunt that same water for other game?

Lots of ways for your hunt to get ffed up.  It's part of the joy of public land hunting. 

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2020 at 7:20 PM, az300wby said:

When I was a kid you didn’t have to worry about someone taking a picture of you.  
took my son turkey hunting this year in 9.  I was like a tree ninja as we approach the tank.  My son ask what are you doing?  I said looking for cameras!  
There was four cameras on the tank!  Put some duct tape on the cameras, sat it until dark and removed the duct tape as we left.  
I vote total ban or a season, but something has to change!

People are leaving their cameras out year round for several years.  That against forest service rules.

Anyone else seen the camera and tree stand at crazy cow tank in 9 for the last 3+ years?  Maybe it’s SirRoyals camera. 

Not Me! I run average maybe 10 to 15 cameras with or without a hunter every year! There was no problem in 9 this year just more guys that drew that use cameras no big deal. No guides I know got aggressive about more cameras. Its a free country Joe hunter has just as much right as I do . When I meet Joe Hunter at water or at cameras Im very honest about whats there.  And I always part making a new friend!   So Its like a treasure hunt watching bulls grow! I video also and have some great footage . 

I have harvested and helped harvest way more animals in units I never use cameras in. See I also know how to use Binoculars to harvest big animals. Are they gonna take them next? I was killing big stuff when most of you boys were waddling around in diapers and I'm 39 and holding! 😁

6 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

Not Me! I run average maybe 10 to 15 cameras with or without a hunter every year! There was no problem in 9 this year just more guys that drew that use cameras no big deal. No guides I know got aggressive about more cameras. Its a free country Joe hunter has just as much right as I do . When I meet Joe Hunter at water or at cameras Im very honest about whats there.  And I always part making a new friend!   So Its like a treasure hunt watching bulls grow! I video also and have some great footage . 

I have harvested and helped harvest way more animals in units I never use cameras in. See I also know how to use Binoculars to harvest big animals. Are they gonna take them next? I was killing big stuff when most of you boys were waddling around in diapers and I'm 39 and holding! 😁

There's trail cam problems in unit 9 and I know your fully aware of it but might not ever admit to it! Go to any tank in 9 or the strip and there's cameras loaded on every tank up there every year, nothing has changed with that! In fact it just continues to get worse every year!

After placing all of your trail cams out at every tank, determining the best tank, and then walking to the highest point near that tank is that when you decide to pull your binoculars out? Of course you can find game with your binoculars that way, that's why trail cams need to be banned it makes it way to easy to scout and locate the best locations, making it effortless when locating your targeted animal near that tank! They won't ban your binoculars, because your really going to need them once they ban trail cams! 

15 hours ago, az300wby said:

Taking deposits.

Going to put a GoPro on a spotting scope attached to a tripod and it will be powered by three 12 volt battery's.  Custom security box with land anchors and a lock.  Will ship ground for $100

Price depends on what spotting scope you want.

Price depends on what tripod you want.

Price depends on type of 12 volt battery you want.

Price depends on type of security box you want (light weight or regular.)

Build time 6 to 9 months. 

I am calling it the Birdseye Camera System.

I will only sell one per household. 

I will offer a discount to guides, military, law enforcement, first responders, and Republicans.  

DIY hunters there will be a surcharge added.  

Thank you for your business. 

If that catfish guy is in on it with you then your not gonna get anyone’s money lol. He already screwed people over with something like this. 

4 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

If that catfish guy is in on it with you then your not gonna get anyone’s money lol. He already screwed people over with something like this. 

No he didn't. What are you talking about? 

5 hours ago, creed_az_88 said:

No he didn't. What are you talking about? 

You'll have to excuse him. Privilege doesn't mean intelligent.

• Haha 1

This isn't about cameras or guides or powerlines. It is about grown adults acting like children. Men running around the woods and on the internet behaving like spoiled entitled brats. Mom and Dad have put up with it long enough and are tired of the incessant whining and crying about who did what to whom at whichever waterhole.

So now they are taking away the toys and "putting an end to it". Although those who have children or have behaved as children know darn will this will not work, but it is what happens.

Guilty or innocent all are punished because of our inability to self regulate and refusal to show a modicum of decency and self control.

• Like 4