40-year-AZ-hunter

Stolen Hunting Rig - Recovered!

Hey guys, please keep a lookout for this vehicle in town and out.  It was stolen from my buddy's driveway in central Phoenix on 2/4/2021.  It is a Scout frame and running gear, a Mercedes diesel engine and transmission and a Volkswagen sandbuggy body.  Truly one of a kind and lots of memories since he built it in the early 70s.  A $3000 reward will be offered for information leading to it's recovery.  Bruce

Recovered 2/8/21 in S. Phx.

Beater.jpg

Is "big trash pick up" going on in his neighborhood?  

Maybe a "blight" complaint by a neighbor?

🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

🤣

Well, that may be funny to you, but I assure you that my 75 year old buddy who was born in Prescott and hunted Arizona all his life has made a lot of great memories in that vehicle.  He hoped to make a few more before he leaves this earth.  How many guys could build such a rig from Scout, Mercedes, and Volkswagens rather than today buy a quad, side-by-side, or ??? and barely know how to put fuel in it.  What were you hunting in in 1972...

Thanks for your help tho....

• Like 1

I could be friends with anybody that possesses the level of creativity and sense of humor needed to build a monstrosity like that.
I love it, I really do!

Hopefully who ever stole it returns it due to the frustration experienced when attempting to source the proper oil filter at autozone.

”year, make, model, sir?”

I will keep an eye out while chasing smelly critters on my HAM hunt.

If I find it, no reward necessary, maybe just let me drive it once.

Best of luck

• Like 3

Reminds me of the Travis McGee character in the John McDonald novels. He owned a 1936 Rolls Royce that was converted into a PU.

I'd bet the farm the topic of this thread is headed to the southern border.

33 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

🤣

Pretty harsh.

15 minutes ago, HorseHunter said:

I could be friends with anybody that possesses the level of creativity and sense of humor needed to build a monstrosity like that.
I love it, I really do!

Hopefully who ever stole it returns it due to the frustration experienced when attempting to source the proper oil filter at autozone.

”year, make, model, sir?”

I will keep an eye out while chasing smelly critters on my HAM hunt.

If I find it, no reward necessary, maybe just let me drive it once.

Best of luck

I’m in...I like it too. I can’t imagine the memories in that thing...

Wasn’t this the topic for aJohnny Cash song?  All joking aside, I hope he recovers it. There’s no replacing it... perhaps a reason?  Oops, sorry.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

🤣

I thought the exact same thing when I 1st saw it.

then looked again and again thoughts when as follows..

cool fenders, yup big trash pickup, cool hood, , yup big trash pickup, neat idea with jeep soft top, , yup big trash pickup, Rifle scaborns excellent idea my jeep has a room issue to, , yup big trash pickup,

then I figured out thats what you get when you cross 2 german trannys with a squaw named scout. ;)

it looks like a  trash heap no doubt, Ive seen them before and uglier in the back woods of smaller red neck, here hold my beer towns., ya just gotta love cool and trashy.

sucks that it got stolen, as thieves suck and should be shot on site. but dang I am trying to Imagine what the person who stole it really was thinking.   "Here hold my Beer"

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

Wasn’t this the topic for aJohnny Cash song?  All joking aside, I hope he recovers it. There’s no replacing it... perhaps a reason?  Oops, sorry.

Great song LoL