MULEPACKHUNTER

18,000 new elk apps

I think the worst thing I saw as far as non res hunting was Instagram page called hunt wars. Where teams of non residents had a contest to kill our deer.  The whoring out of our game is disturbing imo 

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

14 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

How many days did you archery hunt this year 

Zero! To many non residents didn’t want to compete with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Granted, I’m sure the success rates are likely very very low for most non res hunters that come here.... especially some of the guys I talked to

they could probably keep OTC coues as unlimited but make mule deer a draw. Unfortunately WHEN they do make the change it'll likely cover both species. In my opinion, coues populations do not tend to fluctuate as much as mule deer and i really doubt if archery hunters really make much impact on their population. Mulies are also a lot more susceptible to being killed with a bow. I personally have stopped archery hunting in January for 3-4 years now. i don't enjoy rubbing elbows with a million other people and the areas i prefer to hunt have been terrible in January for quite some time. August archery has been much more enjoyable. NR's have more to hunt in their neck of the woods that time of year. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

Lots of California plates.

Saw a lot of Idaho, california. Talked to a few guys with az plates that were rental cars 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I think the worst thing I saw as far as non res hunting was Instagram page called hunt wars. Where teams of non residents had a contest to kill our deer.  The whoring out of our game is disturbing imo 

That sounds like an atrocity.

8 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Saw a lot of Idaho, california. Talked to a few guys with az plates that were rental cars 

How do you know those people did t move here from CA and haven’t switched their plates yet? 

Just now, Flatlander said:

How do you know those people did t move here from CA and haven’t switched their plates yet? 

I don’t. I physically spoke to several of them though. 

• Like 1

I talked to a few hunters iut on my archery bull tag last year and 3 out of the 5 were out of staters

3 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

Yes! And Utah for whatever reason.

Also a lot of glassing from a road (usually paved) with binos not on a tripod,(or they glass an area for about 10 minutes before moving on) and they tend to be decked out head to toe in matching designer camo, same as their friends.

I even had a 3 kuiu wearing Californians huff and puff their way up a ridge obviously following me(I stopped and talked to them as we drove opposite directions, told them what trail I was heading up, and even told them about a different trail up the road they should try. Instead they came back about 15 minutes later and followed me)I ducked off the trail at the top and listened to them talk about how they wondered where I went and when they find me how they’re gonna “steal my spot”. They never found me and only glassed for me, never even looked for deer (they were openly talking about it) they even called it “operation coues area theif”. Then the douches gave up and headed down the hill.

I don’t know if it was more funny or aggravating. Both I guess.

• Wow! 1

7 minutes ago, Adicted said:

I talked to a few hunters iut on my archery bull tag last year and 3 out of the 5 were out of staters

Isn’t there at least a cap on non res draw tags? 

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Isn’t there at least a cap on non res draw tags? 

For antlered elk and deer, antelope, sheep and buffalo yes.