MULEPACKHUNTER

18,000 new elk apps

1 hour ago, TylerDurden said:

You're conflating the issues here.  Nobody is concerned about a delay in mailing tags or arguing they won't mail tags by April 2, 2021.  I'm saying the delay is in conducting the draw itself.  It has been the customary practice of AZGFD to hit cards the day following the deadline to update card information.  That means they usually begin the draw right after the credit card deadline.  They clearly did not do this this year (for whatever reason).

No where in the regulations has the AZGFD said the draw will take place the morning after the CC update, the only thing they’ve ever printed is when the tags will be mailed out so again no delay yet.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stray Horse said:

I'd like to know how many are from California 

This guy is one.

Screenshot_20210227-184909_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zackcarp said:

This guy is one.

Screenshot_20210227-184909_Chrome.jpg

They all seem to conveniently forget one's like this:

Biden Indian Accent.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's the actual vid, for any of those aforementioned liberals: 

Edit: Seems like I might not be able to post youtube links. Just search and you will find it, I recommend duckduckgo over the other search sites.

I’m really confused why you think AZGFD is all about the money.  They have bucks to doe ratios they abide by and manage for.  It is much higher than you think.  For deer I believe it’s like 25 to 100 does.   In Utah they manage for 15-18 bucks per 100 does        Now that sounds like piss poor management.   And you can make comments on the guidelines every 5 years when they get redone.  This bitching on the internet is getting old. 

On 2/27/2021 at 2:43 PM, 654321 said:

No where in the regulations has the AZGFD said the draw will take place the morning after the CC update, the only thing they’ve ever printed is when the tags will be mailed out so again no delay yet.

You're missing the point.  With the $millions the G&F gets every year in app fees alone, it leaves little to no excuse for not having a "bulletproof" drawing system that we can all rely on, in AZ, PERIOD!  If other states do it year in & out, why can't AZ?

Delays like this, & this was clearly a delay, may imply to some the entire draw system may be untrustworthy, or worse.  If the draw is fair & legitimate, which it may be, then at a minimum the IT department within the G&F appears to be incapable of providing the sportsmen in the State of Arizona the expertise we deserve.  IMHO, change is therefore appropriate given concerns year after year. 

(Is that a nice enough way of stating it?)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

Delays like this, & this was clearly a delay, may imply to some the entire draw system may be untrustworthy, or worse.  If the draw is fair & legitimate, which it may be, then at a minimum the IT department within the G&F appears to be incapable of providing the sportsmen in the State of Arizona the expertise we deserve.  IMHO, change is therefore appropriate given concerns year after year. 

I’ve had numerous discussions with friends about this. I agree and understand fully no where has it ever said cards hit the day after the update deadline, but we’ve all got used to it and assumed. Everyone I have talked to has questioned whether or not the draw will be done right as a result, and I agree the fact they are still processing meant something didn’t go exactly as planned

I think it’ll break down in two camps:

1- if you drew a tag, system worked great and draw was fair

2-if no tag, then it’s all rigged and was an  illegitimate draw

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

You're missing the point.  With the $millions the G&F gets every year in app fees alone, it leaves little to no excuse for not having a "bulletproof" drawing system that we can all rely on, in AZ, PERIOD!  If other states do it year in & out, why can't AZ?

(Is that a nice enough way of stating it?)

What makes you think there is anything wrong with the draw system. For the 500 millionth time the draw and portals are two totally separate things. The portals right now are what is messed up and again for the 500 millionth time YOU DONT NEED A PORTAL ACCOUNT TO PUT IN FOR THE DRAW, so the draw for all you know will run exactly like it has run flawlessly for years. Once again there has been no delay until they miss the April 2nd deadline to mail out tags. (Is that a nice enough way of putting it?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If the game and fish puts out a website that u log into a personal account and that personal account tells you that you didn't even apply for the draw then it's an issue. Regardless of actual numbers, what they say, or anything else. Its perception.

• Like 4

They poor ladies in the draw department, which have nothing to do with this. They probably do not want to go to work today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

What makes you think there is anything wrong with the draw system. For the 500 millionth time the draw and portals are two totally separate things. The portals right now are what is messed up and again for the 500 millionth time YOU DONT NEED A PORTAL ACCOUNT TO PUT IN FOR THE DRAW, so the draw for all you know will run exactly like it has run flawlessly for years. Once again there has been no delay until they miss the April 2nd deadline to mail out tags. (Is that a nice enough way of putting it?)

I don’t think the portal and the draw should be 2 separate things.  It would be similar to going to the bank and making a deposit, then you go check online banking and no deposit shows up.  Would we be ok if the bank said “not to worry, your deposit is good, we just use two separate systems”.....?

• Like 3