Sign in to follow this  
Sneaker

2017 ended before it got started

Well I wasn't sure I would be able to do even a full day's hunt in January, but yesterday afternoon decided I would try anyway and grabbed a tag while getting groceries. At about 3 I told the wife a couple of the kids and I were going to take a little drive to look for deer. When she got the text of my buck a couple hours later, she said she didn't realize I was even hunting haha. I left the kids watching a movie in the truck while I walked to a glassing spot. I ended up spotting some deer, hurrying over there, one thing led to another and this guy popped up between a couple groups of does and only 25 yards away from me! He cleared a tree, I grunted and sent the projectile. I grabbed a few pictures and left my stuff and sprinted back a mile to the truck to find the kids still watching their video in peace. The three year olds first words when seeing me were "did you shoot a deer dad?"

Taxi said that based on the game and fish teeth chart, he is probably 9-11 year old!

post-8768-0-09264500-1483925028_thumb.jpg

post-8768-0-56036500-1483925117_thumb.jpg

post-8768-0-28192400-1483925175_thumb.jpg

• Like 25

Dang! Never happens that way for me!! Congrats!

• Like 1

There is ALWAYS a chance it will happen just like that. I'd drive 2 hours if it meant only hunting for 1. Congrats on a great buck.

Did you call the wife to come get the kids, or did you have more movies?

• Like 1

Thanks guys. They really wanted to go see him, but it would be dark soon and was too far for them to walk anyway, so I took them back home first.

• Like 1