• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 218buck

218buck

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Interests:hunting,fishing,spending time outdoors,teaching my daughter about the outdoors

wanting to by an electronic call for varmint calling any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

#2 nateNAU

nateNAU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I bought a primos alpha dog and I have been nothing but happy with it. I got mine when they were on sale for about $150. Not on sale it is close to $300 and for that price I would consider a foxpro or one of the higher end e calls. Just make sure you get one that can carry the sound out there. Contrary to what some say I think a good e-call is better that mouth calls. Such a variety of choices. My success at calling has exploded since I started using one. Coyote pup distress, antelope fawn distress will bring in any coyote within ear shot. Pig distress on a hung up coyote will bring him in running.

#3 Will K

Will K

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Foxpro.

#4 duckhunter175

duckhunter175

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Deer, turkey and esp bird hunting, training my GSP, shooting, skeet

I did well in the brushy bottoms with the lowest end foxpro.  It didn't put out quite as much volume as I wanted for open country so I went up to a larger model- now called the Banshee.

#5 AZbowhntr

AZbowhntr

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

I would agree with Foxpro.  I bought mine online somewhere and was able to pick the sounds that came on it.  There are 75 calls and I will never come close to using them all.

#6 oz31p

oz31p

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
I’ve had seceral fox pro models. Currently I have the heck fire. No complaints.

"Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skinned?"

Genesis 27:3   Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

#7 5guyshunting

5guyshunting

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts
  • Interests:Elk alot, and everything else.
I did pretty good predator calling until i tried an e-caller. I havn't called in chit with my foxpro hellfire.
5 guys

#8 ThomC

ThomC

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

I bought a Inferno with 100 different sounds.  The coyote came in when I was looking at / playing with the caller.  

#9 eastvalleyjerry

eastvalleyjerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Outdoors

Got the foxpro Inferno and the jumping jack attachment. Works well

#10 BeardownAZ

BeardownAZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Icotec. For the money they are better then the FoxPro. I have both. FoxPro sounds are good and plentiful but the remotes are terrible compared to others.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

#11 Delw

Delw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

I did pretty good predator calling until i tried an e-caller. I havn't called in chit with my foxpro hellfire.

Funny I had the same problem. e callers are nice and my kid doesnt make fun of me about the sounds I make. but hey they work always have. Did call in  a bobcat and a fox with one 2 years ago. Defiantly called in less with an e caller than mouth calls. but at times I have stayed longer with an ecaller cause I was too lazy to get up and move and called in a few. 45 mins.

normally my stands are 5-20 mins tops with mouth calls. e callers I have stayed out for an hour just to see what happens.

We bought the ecaller so we can use the bows. thinking it would give use both a better shot. happened to notice that when your using a ecaller the run in and keep on running with a mouth call they usually stop and look around and not so skidish..

#12 Big or Bust

Big or Bust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:Public Land DIY Trophy Hunting
I honestly think critters are harder to call these days with an e-caller...

I've been hunting coyotes since Burnham Brothers were the best gig in town...

Generationa of coyotes educated to Lightning jack...

#13 Delw

Delw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

I honestly think critters are harder to call these days with an e-caller...

I've been hunting coyotes since Burnham Brothers were the best gig in town...

Generationa of coyotes educated to Lightning jack...

I think they are all harder to call with electronics. we goto north rim alot for calling and I dont do as well with a e-caller as a mouth call.

Dont be dissing on the lightning jack. ;)  thats the only e caller sound that has worked for me my fox pro has a ton of sounds too.

over the years I have the most yotes called in with the high pitch sounds. the other deeper sounds I havent had near as much luck with. I have called in a bunch on a mallard duck call while duck hunting. you can make a duck call sound like 2  yotes/foxs fighting it brings them in pretty quick

#14 firstcoueswas80

firstcoueswas80

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,987 posts
  • Interests:my son, and my dogs, hunting, shooting, reloading.
Think I've called in about 6-8 cats with a foxpro. None, to my knowledge with hand calls.
"don't get hung up on scores. get hung up on hunting." Lark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users