Sign in to follow this  
idgaf

Is big lake Jake still around?

Haven't seen him post in awhile and a quick search on Facebook looks not too promising. 

Lee had some reeds for sale back in the beginning of the year and he and I messaged back and forth but I don't know if he ever got my letter I sent. I think he was moving a few months back but I haven't heard much.

I hope he is doing OK I know he had some health issues.

36 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Lee had some reeds for sale back in the beginning of the year and he and I messaged back and forth but I don't know if he ever got my letter I sent. I think he was moving a few months back but I haven't heard much.

I hope he is doing OK I know he had some health issues.

I saw him in CVS in December. His last Facebook was very somber. 

Never met him but traded pms a few times.  Every post he made about hunting makes me think I’ve met him somewhere.  He has a habit of mentioning all of the areas I go and people I know.

Further searching. I found a poetry group that announced he had passed away March 9th. Rip Lee. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
  • Wow! 1

I was going to post but wasn't for certain. I dropped some 257 BOB reloading stuff off beginning of the year and he didn't want me to see him. He was in poor health and felt embarrassed    He didn't return my texts or calls so I stopped by and didn't get an answer.  RIP. BLJ

• Sad 2

Lee was a good dude. While back I posted about needing some protein for a rescue dog. He basically emptied out his freezer of fish and it really helped to turn that dog around. Lee was a good guy. 

• Like 1

I was wondering the same thing while going over some older content last night. 

Dang it sucks it went this long with no one even knowing.  I feel bad, poor guy.   I did have an inclination to shoot him a text to check in on him and totally forgot. 

I'm glad to have had a chance to meet him in person and get on a tuna boat with him.  Rest in peace Lee.  

• Like 7

This sucks, bought a few things from him great guy, loved his wit and great fishing info, good speed you are missed. Was also thinking about billtheroofer.,