Sign in to follow this  
Mog

How to safely sell a pistol

It's been a long time since I sold a firearm to a private party, what steps do I need to take to safely sell to a private party if I'm not going through a FFL (or is that required now)?

Thanks,

PS. I have a nib Smith and Wesson SD9VE 9mm that I am looking to sell.

Not required to use ffl. Sell on here. Most guys are good to go. Just trust ur gut. If it doesn’t seem right when u meet up don’t do it. 

• Like 2

You don't have to do anything special for a private sale. Some sellers will ask to see an ID from the buyer and maybe sign a bill of sale.

sell it to me, if its a good pistol

• Like 1

Like said above, nothing is required however, if you knowingly sell to someone underage, out of state or a convicted felon, you could be held accountable by ATF.  The key word is knowingly, which is why some guys require Id's and a bill of sale.  

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

sell it to me, if its a good pistol

I believe it is what started out at the S&W Sigma. The first Glock clone very reliable. I bought one back in the early 90's at Lone Wolf. I think it was $289 and I never had a single FTF with it.

2 minutes ago, AZLance said:

just make sure you have a N95 mask on and you will be safe!

i bring condoms now a days, they are 98% more effective against getting pregoe'd, but masks, well well you know.........

• Like 1

ATF rules say it's legal to sell to 18 years of age minimum for private sell, trust your gut but I ask if they are a prohibited possessor and ask to see their AZ drivers license.