Sign in to follow this  
452b264

freeze dried food

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

So do any of you actually eat these after you buy them and before you go afield to see if you like them? Or do you just read reviews or talk to others who have already tried them? Just curious.

I’ve done both…but usually go from memory on what didn’t suck last time. I’ve been burned by that approach a couple times too but I can pretty much eat anything. 

I’ve been using the peak stuff from Ross and it’s good but a little heavier than mnt house. 
still wish mnt house wouldn’t have ruined the pro packs, I’m solo a lot and don’t need 2.5 servings. Makes no sense unless they weren’t selling. But they were always sold out so really makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

So do any of you actually eat these after you buy them and before you go afield to see if you like them? Or do you just read reviews or talk to others who have already tried them? Just curious.

Sometimes I take and eat at work, to see what I'd like to eat on a trip.

1 hour ago, zackcarp said:

Sometimes I take and eat at work, to see what I'd like to eat on a trip.

Just curious. I have never done a backpack hunt so I can see where they might come in handy.

I've been on too many backpacking/ Alaska fly in trips to ever enjoy eating freeze dried again.  There are a few I can choke down but I really could never eat another one again and be ok...   BUT when you are really hungry I can eat almost anything so I still pack them and eat them as needed.  

Honeyville. 

If they have it in stock. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Usainamoh said:

When it comes to scoring freeze-dried grub for your adventures, you want quality without burning a hole in your wallet, right? Well, here's the scoop: check out online retailers like REI, Amazon, or even local outdoor gear shops. They often have decent deals on freeze-dried meals. And hey, don't forget to compare prices 'cause you might snag a steal When I'm out hiking and craving something delish, I usually hit up my fave "removed link" So, while you're prepping for your backpacking trip, make sure to grab some tasty treats for those trailside cravings.

A well written infomercial on your first post and a link to a cafe in Dublin?

Are you AI generated?

On 8/30/2021 at 8:16 PM, 452b264 said:

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy freeze dried food for backpacking?

From me. I've acquired tubs and tubs of the stuff from an estate

3 minutes ago, Edge said:

3 minutes ago, Edge said:

Brand?

20 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Gourmet af 

B0A6D472-6117-4E30-A89A-3C95EA59589C.jpeg

I did just about this same exact meal plan on the mountain last month. Also did mountain house meals at night back at camp.  After 3 days I felt the sodium content catch up with me (I think), and I felt awful. To much for me apparently.  By day 4, I   switched to grilled chicken for dinner, oatmeal with coffee for lunch and scrambled eggs breakfast. First time I remember diet affecting how I felt. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Brand?

Auguson Farms, Mountain House, Provident Pantry, Alpine Aure Foods, Oregon Freeze Dry to name a few.

• Like 1

Soon as I have some down time I'm going through all of it and putting some on the classified. Also easily a ton of dry goods like beans, corn, wheat, flour, Cherios etc..

17024924403048248392324826354514.thumb.jpg.dde200e46d82db640b4b895a65508b51.jpg17024925335439054382338858399200.thumb.jpg.991406a8ceed2bc30631ce5ea975de5b.jpg