Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Doe hunts????

1 hour ago, Crazymonkey said:

So we go from different views to picking fights.way to have some conversation on some issues .I do see bucks and hunt I'd just like to see a better quality and age class that's all .glad to see we all can be grown-up about things

Fights involve punches. This is a conversation. 

Simply put, (which I've tried)

Killing the baby makers does not equal more bucks.

Reducing the amount of bucks killed, makes more bucks. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 22-6mm said:

One thing  Arizona has that the mid west does  not

is a healthy population of lions ,No need to put more  pressure on the does. just my 2 cents.

Very true 

18 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Fights involve punches. This is a conversation. 

when people pick on others and ask what there smoking and add comments about hunting skill or other things that's picking fights.we do have units that are managed for quality deer and they do have doe hunts kibab is one there are a few of them .logic would have one figure if we have more doe and less bucks our deer heard is outa balance.from all your comments you would rather have less tags for bucks and that should fix the population .again I'm not a biologist but do read a lot about many subjects and this was one I was reading about and several biologists have stated the need for balance and the benefits

Just now, Crazymonkey said:

when people pick on others and ask what there smoking and add comments about hunting skill or other things that's picking fights.

You come up with a ridiculous idea, you’re told over and over reasons why it’s ridiculous. instead of accepting that you move the goal posts a couple times then whine that you’re being attacked. 

• Like 4

In the areas I hunt I've seen multiple bucks trying to get at one doe. I don't think we have so many does that we need to thin em out. Even if there weren't multiple bucks, one buck will take care of multiple does in a season. Arizonas deer population simply doesn't support doe tags in my opinion.  I think everyone would  love to see bucks all day long and good bucks at that, but killing does isn't the solution. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

when people pick on others and ask what there smoking and add comments about hunting skill or other things that's picking fights.we do have units that are managed for quality deer and they do have doe hunts kibab is one there are a few of them .logic would have one figure if we have more doe and less bucks our deer heard is outa balance.from all your comments you would rather have less tags for bucks and that should fix the population .again I'm not a biologist but do read a lot about many subjects and this was one I was reading about and several biologists have stated the need for balance and the benefits

People are just razzing ya .... we are all bored due to no leftover tags.... don't be offended 

• Like 1

For a guy who’s working 76 hours plus a week,  seems to have a lot of time for CWT.. must have a personal assistant.

• Like 1

I glassed yesterday in a unit that has thousands of buck tags. I saw 8 bucks and 5 does, 3 bucks were 85"+. If you're hunting maternity wards, on average, just stay put. You'll see mostly does....grin...

It's pretty simple in my opinion. More does for bucks to breed equals more fawns to have a chance to be born. More fawns being born equals more chance for bucks to be born. More bucks that are born, more of a population of bucks there will be. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Arizona implement a law saying a buck has to be a forkie or bigger to harvest. I understand some people don't hunt for antlers but giving the younger bucks a chance to leave mama gives them a chance to survive to reach maturity.  I'm not a biologist though. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

When you come up with the idea that killing doe’s will help buck numbers. That’s not thinking very clear.

Sucks that so many people have thin skin.  I mean, pretty much everyone on this thread told you it was a terrible idea.  You kept on pressing, hoping some may agree with you but that has not happened.  A guy or 4 make some semi smart butt comments and you get all bent out of shape?  Toughen up buttercup and maybe accept that fact that most on here disagree with your idea of increasing Buck #'s  by reducing the Does that birth them.