Scotty27

Unit 33 Hunting

11 minutes ago, Scotty27 said:

Appreciate all the positive feedback! Everyone else, have a good rest of your weekend

Hey man, a line was crossed today and you didn’t deserve that! That said, when hunters are asked to possibly give up spots that they’ve taken years or decades to figure out, they can get a little edgy, especially with our hunting areas shrinking due to more hunters. Game and Fish regs do give good general starting points and with a couple scouting trips, you should be able to figure it out. Good luck to you and your dad!

• Like 10

14 hours ago, Scotty27 said:

Appreciate all the positive feedback! Everyone else, have a good rest of your weekend

Thanks for taking the high road and let us know your success.

As others have mentioned, AZGFD website has good starting points. When scouting 33, those burned area offer some of the best deer forage available. Coues like the rough country with cover and a water source within a few miles.

Get some good glass and enjoy time hunting with your dad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nooch2222 said:

Yes I can point you in a direction! Get in your vehicle point it to unit 33 drive there, Park get out climb a hill glass look for deer or sign of deer. Repeat! I got drawn for 33 once and I thought to myself I should scout and put in the work if I want to be successful. I started with Google earth found some areas of interest, put my big boy pants on and drove there early one morning and scouted. Both my wife and I killed!  20191109_174126.thumb.jpg.bf153d5c6b5a519459f4e0abdf8c959f.jpg

20191111_191943.jpg

Dude that 5x4 is sick!

• Like 4

On 10/1/2021 at 10:12 AM, Scotty27 said:

Good afternoon brothers! I just recently returned home from a 2 year church mission and haven’t had the most time to scout out some spots down in unit 33 to hunt, me and my dad have coues deer tags the end of the month. Would anyone be willing to point us in a few good directions to go and hunt in the unit?

sent you a PM - hunted 33 for a long time-  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, grey curse said:

New low of lows for this site.   Send me a pm and we can talk.   

Actually been done quite a bit. Guys throw in mention of religion to elicit a connection and response. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Actually been done quite a bit. Guys throw in mention of religion to elicit a connection and response. 

Had nothing to do with the mention of religion from the op. I could care less. Had to do with the response from members on the site.  The Personal attacks is what triggered my response and willingness to help out.  

• Like 6

In his original post, Scotty27 asked to be pointed in a general direction.  He didn't ask anyone to reveal their 'honey hole' or 'secret place'.  My grandpa taught me to hunt and a few things have stuck with me.  He said (paraphrase) hunting is not about antlers or horns.  It's about creating memories and building relationships.  He must have been right, because the relationship he built with me has lasted through the years.  He passed 48 years ago - and those memories of him still bring a smile to my face.

For most of us, this website has provided us with a platform to discuss our passion and learn to become better hunters.  But the real benefit, at least for me, has been the number of great men and women I have met here (yes Amanda, this includes you).  At this point, many have become my friends.  I do not have a clue, nor do I care, what their religious beliefs are.  These are amazing people that I would never have met had it not been for coueswhitetail.com  My life is richer.

For me, the big takeaway from Scotty27's post was that this young man was excited about going hunting with his dad.  That told me all I needed to know about him.

Some people collect antlers.  Other people collect friends. 

Welcome aboard Scotty27.  I hope you stick around.  There are lots of great people on here.  Just give it some time and they will rise to the surface.

• Like 23

azsugarbear, very well said and Scotty27 welcome to the site. I wish I had good knowledge of 33 even though I live in Tucson but I've never really hunted it. Hope the others here can point you in the right direction. Best of luck this fall to both you and your dad!

• Like 3

Nice visiting with you last night Dallin.  Good luck scouting and on your hunt.  For those who were quick to pass judgment on this guy thinking he was wanting a free handout, you were wrong. Like many of us, sometimes we need a little advice or direction to get started in an area. He is more than willing to scout and put in the time.  Perhaps some need to keep with the original spirit of this site more often, and be willing to help others build meaningful memories hunting with family and friends.  Over the years several on this site have done this for me, and my door is always open to help anyone out there who needs a little support.

• Like 11