Hoss50

School me on getting suppressors

I am seriously considering getting a can or two. I have a 9 year old that will hopefully start hunting soon and was thinking about this for him, and also for my hunts. 

I know this is a regulated item so I have to send in the form 4 I believe. If I decide to get a 2nd suppressor do I have to do the same super long process to get that one approved too? 

I am assuming the govt takes tour money for every can, not just the original form you submit?

Should I just put this thing in a trust with my wife? 

What is the best process?

• Like 1

https://nfalawyers.com/

Buy this trust and follow the instructions.  Take it down to Healy Arms, Mr Silencer.  They have kiosks to fill out the form 4 and do fingerprints and pictures.  Buy the suppressors you want and pay for the $200 ATF tax stamp then sit back and wait.  I believe the trust is best unless you plan on being the only person in possession of the suppressors.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

I am seriously considering getting a can or two. I have a 9 year old that will hopefully start hunting soon and was thinking about this for him, and also for my hunts. 

I know this is a regulated item so I have to send in the form 4 I believe. If I decide to get a 2nd suppressor do I have to do the same super long process to get that one approved too? 

I am assuming the govt takes tour money for every can, not just the original form you submit?

Should I just put this thing in a trust with my wife? 

What is the best process?

Act soon last time is was in the silencer shop they were having a bogo. No joke

1 minute ago, AZBIG10 said:

Act soon last time is was in the silencer shop they were having a bogo. No joke

WTH is a BOGO?

One other option is silencer central. Only online dealer that will deliver the suppressor to your door!!!! If you are interested in their stuff lemme know I have a contact name for ya there. 

• Like 1

I used silencer shop.com.   Really easy process, They do all the submitting of paperwork for you, just gotta go to one of their kiosks and get finger printed and picture taken.  I set up a trust online thru gun trust guru I believe.  It too, was really easy.  

1 hour ago, Track_R6 said:

One other option is silencer central. Only online dealer that will deliver the suppressor to your door!!!! If you are interested in their stuff lemme know I have a contact name for ya there. 

+1 on this!   Yup went through Silencer Central to get one of their Banish 30 suppressors and it was so easy!   They send you the fingerprint kit and everything.   Got my suppressor mailed to my front door last May with a 6 month turn around.

Whatever you do, start it quick the waiting is the hardest part and if you can afford it start with multiple cans. Guaranteed you won't want just one

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Whatever you do, start it quick the waiting is the hardest part and if you can afford it start with multiple cans. Guaranteed you won't want just one

I am thinking about trying to get 1 rifle can that will cover most things, and then probably a 22lr and or pistol can.