Hoss50

School me on getting suppressors

you will NEED 3 cans.  

one for you, one for the Neanderthal hunting next to you that doesn't have one, and a 22lr for the kids. 

trust me on this.

and get 30 cal then you don't have to worry about which one is on what gun.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Some good advice.  I did the silencer central route and just went to a gun show they were at and they did everything g digitally right there.  Took about 15 min.  I bought a rifle can, 22 can, shotgun can and a SBR 300 blackout with an integral can.   It took 12 months for them.  I ended up ordering another rifle can as I am all aboard with using them for everything now and wanted a backup.  I’m going on 10 months now with the second one so they aren’t getting any faster.  My advice is buy a bunch of them and do it ASAP.  

If you buy 2 cans at one time, is it still $200 per can for the ATF or is bn it $200 per paperwork?

I know on a 4473 you can buy multiple guns on 1 background check. 

14 hours ago, bustedknuckleinc said:

https://nfalawyers.com/

Buy this trust and follow the instructions.  Take it down to Healy Arms, Mr Silencer.  They have kiosks to fill out the form 4 and do fingerprints and pictures.  Buy the suppressors you want and pay for the $200 ATF tax stamp then sit back and wait.  I believe the trust is best unless you plan on being the only person in possession of the suppressors.

I bought my first about 10 months ago and used this exact process, nfalawyers.com for the trust and went to Healy's for the rest. It was a really simple and easy process. Still waiting on the government to let me pick it up (this is the unavoidable sucky part). Hopefully soon.

I have a question for all of you gurus. I bought my Omega 300 about 10 months ago and hopefully will have it before too much longer. This one should cover the majority of my rifles. But, like rifles, 10 is better than 1 right? So what suppressor do you recommend for my next (rifle not handgun).

46 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

If you buy 2 cans at one time, is it still $200 per can for the ATF or is bn it $200 per paperwork?

I know on a 4473 you can buy multiple guns on 1 background check. 

$200 for each stamp (each suppressor)

36 minutes ago, rossislider said:

I have a question for all of you gurus. I bought my Omega 300 about 10 months ago and hopefully will have it before too much longer. This one should cover the majority of my rifles. But, like rifles, 10 is better than 1 right? So what suppressor do you recommend for my next (rifle not handgun).

TBAC ultra 7

I'm looking into one also .looking at doing a trust .question is do you put up all the money up front or do they collect when your paperwork is approved? I get paying the cost of the trust and maybe the stamp upfront. But do they collect for everything at once.I'm trying to convince the wife I need one for Christmas.

31 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

I'm looking into one also .looking at doing a trust .question is do you put up all the money up front or do they collect when your paperwork is approved? I get paying the cost of the trust and maybe the stamp upfront. But do they collect for everything at once.I'm trying to convince the wife I need one for Christmas.

Silencer central will let you stretch it out while your paperwork is being processed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Silencer central will let you stretch it out while your paperwork is being processed.  

Yup I paid mine over 6 months for the banish 30 gold package from silencer central. Now just waiting on my tax stamp to be issued so they can send me the can. 

• Like 1

I used Mr Silencer in Mesa.  Used the electronic kiosk there.

You pay for the suppressor when you go in.

Then they will send you electronic copies of all your forms.  You sign electronically and email back.

Rhen you pay the tax stamp electronically. 

Once all paperwork is done and tax stamp is paid for, they send everything in at once.

Then you wait.  ATF will send back the approval, and the store can then legally release the suppressor to you.

$200 plus doc fees for every can you buy.

You can reuse your fingerprints and electronic signature saved in the kiosk for future purchases.

I have 3 suppressors now. 

TBAC Ultra 9 in .308, took 3 months

TBAC Ultra 7 in 6.5mm, took 2 months

TBAC Dominus in .308, took 9 months

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 2:53 AM, AzDiamondHeat said:

and get 30 cal then you don't have to worry about which o e is on what gun.  

Educate me on this…can you use .30 cal on smaller calibers effectively? Or am I just gullible and missing another joke here?

40 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Educate me on this…can you use .30 cal on smaller calibers effectively? Or am I just gullible and missing another joke here?

Yes you can.

3 hours ago, bigorange said:

I have used my 30 cal on everything down to 17hmr with great effectiveness.  You need a thread adapter for the smaller calibers usually but they are inexpensive.  This way I can use either of my cans on any rifle I own.  Very little to no loss in sound dampening.  At least not to the naked ear. The 30 cal is typically a little bigger/heavier but worth it imo.

Can't go the other way obviously with a small can on a big caliber. 

• Like 1