Sign in to follow this  
DBArcher

WTB Marlin 45-70 lever action

I am in search of a Marlin 45-70 lever action. Having a hard time finding one in my area, also if anyone sees one at a gun shop let me know please.

Did some looking while drinking my morning coffee. Marlin lever guns are commanding high prices right now. Link is to a 1974 vintage rifle for sale in Phoenix. Ya better sit down before you look at the price! 

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/marlin-rifles/marlin-1895-45-70-1974-vintage.cfm?gun_id=101810820

Ruger/Marlin is supposed to be out with the lever action 45/70 in the next week or so. Do a search on accurateshooter.com 

I saw one a few years ago at pistol parlor and hesitated. I went back that afternoon and it was gone. Did the same thing a month later at AJI. Kicking myself in the a$$ ever since. They were $1000 then. More then double that now. 

I have a Marlin Guide Gun done up by Wild West Guns in Anchorage.  PM me if you are interested.  Big lever loop, reamed for 457 Wild West (shoots both 45-70 and 457 WW).  leupold scout scope, ghost rings, shrouded front sight, ported......

Basically all the options except takedown.

Sorry though it won't be cheap......

Jiminaz I sent you a message. I have been looking and it looks like at this time going rate is a minimum of $1200 for what I want.

I actually have two.  One is parked and one is hard chromed.

IMG_1043.thumb.JPEG.41bd67c784ae2ca12bf12f784e89356c.JPEG

The cartridge on top is the 457 Wild West. below is 45-70.  The 457 WW runs about 200 fps faster than equivalent 45-70 IIRC

IMG_1077.JPEG

IMG_1073.thumb.JPEG.8b501fc3b3cbfdc137f00500ec5c7dac.JPEG

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 2

My .450 Marlin guide gun shoots really well with the Leverevolution bullets, I could not believe the difference in accuracy.  Good luck with your search. Have you considered a Henry those are pretty nice and not as expensive from what I have found.

I had no idea what they were going for. I bought one about 12 years ago for like $600 new. 

The Ruger Marlins have shipped.  Good luck on getting one in the next few months.  Small dealers have no chance and the large ones are giving them to the high roller customers.  I'll bet that  a few will end up on gunbroker and the prices will be North of $2000 until after February of next year.  YMMV