Yuma Outdoorsman

2021 Rut....

I hunted 4 mornings last week and didn’t see my target bucks. Saw my first actual rutting type action friday but it was a buck I already passed.  Hopefully it keeps up, Back at it tomorrow. I haven’t seen a buck solo even once. 

6 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I hunted 4 mornings last week and didn’t see my target bucks. Saw my first actual rutting type action friday but it was a buck I already passed.  Hopefully it keeps up, Back at it tomorrow. I haven’t seen a buck solo even once. 

Good luck. Glad to hear about some rutting 

I’m still out there messing around, it’s just so much fun finding and watching muleys. I saw my #2 buck that I’ve seen about 5 times since opening day, he was solo. I thought today was my day, but he was bird dogging looking for does. Was pretty amazing to watch him work. But he walked off into the distance out of sight. 

right away in the morning I had does on the side of the road, I got out and ranged them 30 yards. They didn’t even really care about me but no buck with them. Gutted. 

• Like 1

I spent this past weekend hunting unit 21. 3 days straight I was in the same area seeing a lot of deer and bucks. The bucks were moving with the does. Just could not seal the deal. If I was using a mechanical arrow slinging device aka compound bow, I would have sealed the deal. I only use my longbow or recurve. Love the challenge.

• Like 4

i glassed up this nice buck today. he was walking down so i tried to kinda head him off but he found a doe and went a different way. so i went back and found them, stalked in and went slow af and wasted 2 hours cuz i was in the wrong spot lmao. so i went back, theyre still there i make another stalk. get to like 135 and wait. he gets up and starts walking toward me, my heart was beating out of my chest. he beds again. i have a nice lane 40-90 yards if he gets up and keeps going that way. he does, but at the last second when he was walking into my spot at about 80 but he veered off left and went over the top and i lost him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

i glassed up this nice buck today. he was walking down so i tried to kinda head him off but he found a doe and went a different way. so i went back and found them, stalked in and went slow af and wasted 2 hours cuz i was in the wrong spot lmao. so i went back, theyre still there i make another stalk. get to like 135 and wait. he gets up and starts walking toward me, my heart was beating out of my chest. he beds again. i have a nice lane 40-90 yards if he gets up and keeps going that way. he does, but at the last second when he was walking into my spot at about 80 but he veered off left and went over the top and i lost him. 

Clearly you suck and need to try harder or hunt closer to the roads...LoL

Just kidding...sort of. At least you're out there and getting some decent activity. Thanks for the updates and stick with it...can't wait for the pics when you connect!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I could have shot a couple off the road like your holding but I’m trying for something good. Maybe I’ll catch this one off the road eventually, optimally 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I could have shot a couple off the road like your holding but I’m trying for something good. Maybe I’ll catch this one off the road eventually, optimally 

That’s about where I found that one. Good luck and stick with it. 

• Thanks 1