Yuma Outdoorsman

2021 Rut....

There are a few bucks still cruising around but it's been done for a bit down south from what I've seen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I saw 23 does on Sunday and no bucks 

Yesterday I noticed as well no bucks with 2 herds I’ve been seeing. They had bucks with them for the last 3 weeks. 

• Like 2

Last weekend to get it done. I spotted the same bucks and does in the same area I've been hunting in unit 21. Hope to seal the deal this weekend, trad style.

• Like 1

My area of hunting, I see it winding down. Few days ago, mature big buck with about 11 does, and another buck, smaller coming in, tired from partying.  Yesterday, 30 plus does, no bucks. Going at this stickbow style like Tradman, so stick with it Tradman.  

• Like 1

I am  seeing the biggest bucks of the year. I am encouraged. I have seen at least 4 bucks 180+ and another pushing that 200 mark. It’s been awhile since I have seen that many. 

• Like 4
  • Wow! 3

8 hours ago, creed said:

I am  seeing the biggest bucks of the year. I am encouraged. I have seen at least 4 bucks 180+ and another pushing that 200 mark. It’s been awhile since I have seen that many. 

Interesting, people have been telling me antler size was down in the desert but I haven’t seen enough to know. But I had such giants on cam in the summer, I questioned it. 

Rut is going strong. Took this picture today at 235 yds away. I got to 65 yds, clear line of site a few more yds and I would have sent it. There was a second buck as well. As soon as I'm getting ready to draw back a doe appears, I tell you what I've never heard bucks and does make the noises they made today. Both bucks turned opposite direction and went crazy straight for the doe. Seen 4 bucks today. Heading out again tomorrow. 40 yds is my max ill shoot with my longbow. Hope to get it done tomorrow.

Screenshot_20220129-194114_Gallery.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ruthunter said:

Rut was pushed back this year compared to years past. I killed a mid 60’s muley buck that was pushing does pretty hard. 

Pics?   

I almost whacked a very large buck getting coffee this morning by the Starbucks in show low.