Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

My 2008 elk hunt

Amanda,

I had a ton of fun and it was great to meet such great new friends.

Stan told me something that I will never forget...

We were talking about how everyone we meet though her seems to

be a truly great person with love and devotion to the outdoors.

"She is a really good judge of character, and surrounds herself with good people" is what Stan said.

So true.

One thing I might add is that all her friends are really, I mean REALLY good looking!

So here is to Stan, Doug, Jed, and Ginger!...oh and can't forget Rica!

Thanks Again Amanda.

Amanda-

Thanks for taking the time to post the stories and pictures, I sure did enjoy it. Glad to know you got opportunites to chase big bulls, I know you'll have better chances and luck the next time you draw.

Thanks for sharing a great story and pictures. It sounds like you had a great time with good people in a great place. But the hard part is having to come back and deal with all of us knuckleheads ;) I can't wait for the day to be able to spend 2 weeks in elk camp and enjoy that time in the woods during September. :)

Amanda, I finally got a chance to read your post and everyones comments. Wow, you had a good time and great company by the sounds of things. The pictures were great and your stories were interesting to say the least. Thanks again for sharing with us your hunt here at coueswhitetail. Sorry you didn't score on an elk but that's not the bottom line like so many people believe. I know it would have been nice to drop one of those bulls but your memories of the hunt and friends out weighs more than that elk ever would have. I only hope my up coming hunt is as much fun as yours was. :)

Not much on scoring since it doesn't mean to much to me but it is an awesome antelope.

TJ

How did you manage to get a tag four years in a row! That's amazing. The sad part for me was that I really knew the area and how the elk used it. They bedded and fed in pretty much the same pattern as I knew from three years ago and yet I still didn't get one killed! I thought I would be ahead of the game, but it didn't seem to make much difference. Oh well, I learned even more areas. The nice thing about hunting is that you always learn something when you go out.

I drew 3 cow and 1 bull tags. Until they pinched the cow tags and put them into the rifle pool, it was almost standard to at least draw a cow tag. Now that I'm committed to bull only (4pts) - I will probably (hopefully) get a bull tag in the next couple of years ???

It's always fun to learn new areas but as you know the elk will travel the same places - year after year...

Again thanks for sharing and I enjoyed the entire recap. I've also found some nice lope in that unit...

Best of luck on your coues hunt ( you hiking the 5 miles one way with Scott Adams) ?? ;)

Doug

Best of luck on your coues hunt ( you hiking the 5 miles one way with Scott Adams) ?? ;)

Doug

That's still the plan as far as I know! It won't help that I am going on a vacation the week before the hunt to visit my husband's family. They always feed us way to much and we hardly get any exercise there too!

Amanda

Amanda, it sounded like you had a great hunt even though you didn't take anything. Talking with Hector I really wanted to get up there for a couple days but it just didn't work out. It sounds like you learned a lot from the trip though. Next time.

Amanda. Great story and Pics. Looks like you had a good time. All hunts, regardless if the tag is filled or not, produce memorys that last a lifetime.

Amanda, your friend in camo and the decoy just cracks me up. That is some funny stuff right there. She has got to be a good sport. I might want to use her for my my elk hunt. Is she for hirer? :)

TJ

Amanda, your friend in camo and the decoy just cracks me up. That is some funny stuff right there. She has got to be a good sport. I might want to use her for my my elk hunt. Is she for hirer? :)

TJ

Sure she is for hire! :lol:

It was hysterical having her out there. And the best part is she had so much fun she says she had made a resolution to spend at least 4 days in the woods every month now! Of course, I don't think she has a prayer of making that happen with her busy life, but at least she had such a great time that she now puts a high value on "woods time".

Amanda