maximus

No More Guides, No More Finder’s Fees in Utah

They will find loopholes and grey areas just like the camera whores here in Az . If money is involved cheating will be.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The headline is misleading.

Read the story. They are not trying to do away with guides.

There is a bill in Utah that cleared the House and Senate unanimously that will limit the number of guides and spotters on public lands per hunter. Now, the new limit will be two per hunter if passed by the commission

• Like 2

The headline is pretty misleading. It implies "No more guides" but what it really says is only 2 guides per hunter - doesn't sound like something that will affect many people.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Coach said:

The headline is pretty misleading. It implies "No more guides" but what it really says is only 2 guides per hunter - doesn't sound like something that will affect many people.

It also maximizes compensation to no more than $25, that's huge when it comes to people running around chasing that big ole finders fee.

It will definitely limit the “huge guide party” hunts with lots of finders out looking…which I assume is the intent. I’m sure others are right and the loopholes will be there though. 

• Like 5

From the article posted above.

I can see these to be difficult to enforce by wardens but perhaps this is a good motion and a way to advocate fair chase hunting in Utah if put in place. What do you think?

But, but...This is my brother Bob and my other brother Bob and my uncle Bob!  They're just here to help me!  😁

This is actually addressing fair chase, unlike the bill demonizing a guy with 2 trail cams he checks once a month.

• Like 3

This bill introduced and sponsored by the Democrat Party?  Interesting to see people that traditionally align with less government and less regulation vouch for a unenforceable disaster like this that doesn’t really do anything other then make it more confusing.  It might seem simple on the outside but there’s no way this is gonna be enforced and not just waste a ton of taxpayer money.  I have no desire to have 6 paid glassers help me find a critter but I do believe that keeping government small and enforceable is a good policy.  

• Like 6

I blame the guides, outfitters and their clients with deep pockets for this new wave of regulation we are starting to see.  They are their own worst enemy.  

• Like 6