Sign in to follow this  
bigbuckfever

Celebration of Life Service

My family and I are having a Celebration of Life Service for my dad this Saturday at noon.  Attached is his obit with some of his life's highlights.  Hope you'll indulge me as I brag a little bit about my dad.  I was fortunate to have him in my life.  He's gonna leave a big hole.

Dads obit[15003]_js (1).docx

• Like 7

Excellent write up and it sounds like your father lived a very fulfilling life.  Sorry for your loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't open the attachment but from previous posts I was able to glean the type of man you had for a mentor. And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

I'm sorry for your loss it's not an easy thing. Thursday is the 4th anniversary of losing my father. Can't help but think our dad's are finding new hunting grounds.

• Love 1

Sounds like a heck of a man. Very sorry for your loss. I think it’s also important  to recognize, congratulations to your dad for a life well lived.

• Thanks 1

WOW, sounds like an incredible and interesting man.  I would have loved to hear some of his aviation stories.  God bless!!!

• Thanks 1

Big Browns (and anyone else who is interested), Last year I convinced my dad, to let me record him in his own words, telling me some of his stories. I didn't trust my memory to keep all the details straight. My daughter put them together and edited it with a few pics and she just finished it today.  He didn't want me to put the stories out while he was still alive because he didn't want anybody to think he was bragging about himself.  If you're interested, the video was just uploaded to YouTube.  The link is   youtu.be/U8x085faYsQ

• Like 1