JSR

Why do they keep doing this?

32 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Lots of things to consider but sitting on the sideline just praying ain't the only thing we need.........we need action,... invest in our children!

Like George Carlin used to say..."Because there's no money in it!"

------

Another Carlin skit I like is... "It's a BIG club & you ain't in it!"

32 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

We had a training last Friday on a new program that we are going to "implement" next year to help students with "mental health"!

While it might sound like a great idea you can't imagine the amount of red tape and paper trail required to get any action from an administration level!

In most cases we are asked to take into consideration a kids home life....................duh................possibly the #1 common factor.

Creating a campus with one entry and one exit sounds like a logistic nightmare but in my opinion is gonna have to happen if you really want to protect our kids! Including metal detectors! One of the big considerations is training adults that this is what needs to happen because this will cause backlash by adults who want the "freedom" they had as a kid.  I mean, we get reamed by parents because we have a designated drop of area that takes "time" to get through because so many kids get driven to school by parents or siblings. Even though the drop off zone is for their children's safety. Times are very different!

I am a huge proponent of trained armed staff and have volunteered to go through training! 

I was listening to a guy on the radio talking about "see something say something"...............which I am a huge believer in that concept but there is a pretty rough side to that as well, my neighbor who is anti gun sees me loading up for a hunting trip packing guns into my truck and all the sudden I have cops at my house investigating?

Lots of things to consider but sitting on the sideline just praying ain't the only thing we need.........we need action, shut off all this foreign aid to countries that don't give a fit and invest in our children!

After 9-11 Airline Pilots had to work like heck to get armed pilot program going. Finally got it and it is very good. Individuals that volunteer to get armed are heavily screened, train for a couple weeks at a Federal facility. A well thought out program that would benefit schools. I am sure there are teachers with military, law enforcement or firearms background that would be eligible. The deterrence factor would be Hugh. Certainly better than any gun laws they could come up with.

• Like 2

Dem law makers don’t give a rip about the kids! If they did they wouldn’t filibuster such bills that the reps have proposed! They’re dug in on gun bans! Yes 40 billion would be better spent here on locking down the schools than going to Ukraine! My opinion 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AZAV8ER said:

After 9-11 Airline Pilots had to work like heck to get armed pilot program going. Finally got it and it is very good. Individuals that volunteer to get armed are heavily screened, train for a couple weeks at a Federal facility. A well thought out program that would benefit schools. I am sure there are teachers with military, law enforcement or firearms background that would be eligible. The deterrence factor would be Hugh. Certainly better than any gun laws they could come up with.

Saw a show on one of the outdoor networks that did just that.Teachers were put thru training in real world drills then certified to carry on campus.My dad being a gun instructor is real admit that this is the best solution.California did the only one entry and metal detector thing along with guards at the only entry point and kids still figured out how to get around this.Training the teachers is the best possible solution .It lets those that would do harm think twice about going to schools .As it sits now they are weapon restricted zones and a place for easy targets.I'm a firm believer in the best solution for a bad guy with a gun is the good guy with a gun doing everything he or she can to stop the threat.

• Like 4

Waiting to go into that school is unacceptable. If that was my kids school the officers would have to shoot me to keep me out. Didn't the same thing happen at the Parkland shooting? 

3 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Waiting to go into that school is unacceptable. If that was my kids school the officers would have to shoot me to keep me out. Didn't the same thing happen at the Parkland shooting? 

Pretty disturbing new info.  Law enforcement looks at situations like that as a tactical entry/ active shooter, parents look at it as, get me TF in there now.  I would be in your same boat if I were at the school while it was happening.  

Wonder if that's a typo, or she ment to say automatic weapon to stir the pot. 

2 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Creating a campus with one entry and one exit sounds like a logistic nightmare but in my opinion is gonna have to happen if you really want to protect our kids! Including metal detectors! 

My kids go to a new high school and that was one of their big design decisions early on was minimizing the entry points. I asked my kids if they thought it helped and they do…no metal detector but I think it was a step in the right direction. Not the only solution for sure but the logistics work. 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

The difference between a conspiracy theory and a fact? about 3 months 

Same with lies…repeated often enough they become truth. 

• Like 3

I don’t buy the idea of conspiracy and planning on this, but there’s not a lot of screaming about abortions now. Does make ya think…

• Like 1

If you trust the GOVT you might be an idiot.

correction: not might.....ARE

• Like 2