Edge

Parking on State Land

Daily I park not only on State Trust land, but next to the sign advising as such. My hunting license is my pass and I spend a couple hours hunting. Would like to avoid buying a state pass to hang on the mirror, gub gets enough money. 

Also want to avoid the hassle of a ticket. Thinking of printing my hunting license number and hanging it on the mirror.

Anyone being cited?

Is there anyone out there enforcing? I'd just write HUNTING on a piece of cardboard put it on the dash if I was concerned.

Kent

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, krp said:

Is there anyone out there enforcing? I'd just write HUNTING on a piece of cardboard put it on the dash if I was concerned.

Kent

Yes. The local rancher tells me there's two LEOs from other agencies working part time as State Land Rangers in the region. I was just pulling out one day last week as one of them was coming down the road.

Leave an orange hat or laminate a sign says hunting next to hat.  As longs I have been inside the State Trust Land area, never had issue.    Probably not going to mess with trucks, but a prius next to the sign deserves a ticket regardless.

• Haha 2

I dont think there is any proof that youre not hunting if parked there. If they ticket you that would be dumb. They would have to confirm you werent hunting.

Why do I need a Recreational Permit to be on State Trust land?

Arizona State Trust lands are different than "public lands" which are common within State Parks and Federal lands. State Parks and Federal lands are managed for the benefit and use of the public, while Arizona State Trust lands are managed for the benefit of the 13 Trust beneficiaries. The Land Department's Trust management responsibilities include requiring a permit or lease and charging a fee for the use of Trust land. Exceptions to this requirement are licensed hunters and anglers, actively pursuing game or fish, in season.

16 minutes ago, Lucafu1 said:

requirement are licensed hunters and anglers, actively pursuing game or fish, in season.

Bingo, always have  your license with  you as you can hunt waskily wabbits and yotes all year long.

The big pain in the  arse is having to deal with the citation . Send  those overachievers over to New River road to cleanup the squatters

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Edge said:

Daily I park not only on State Trust land, but next to the sign advising as such. My hunting license is my pass and I spend a couple hours hunting. Would like to avoid buying a state pass to hang on the mirror, gub gets enough money. 

Also want to avoid the hassle of a ticket. Thinking of printing my hunting license number and hanging it on the mirror.

Anyone being cited?

What are you hunting right now?

10 minutes ago, oz31p said:

What are you hunting right now?

Bunnies and yotes while scouting for deer 

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

The big pain in the  arse is having to deal with the citation . Send  those overachievers over to New River road to cleanup the squatters

Exactly what I was going to say. They need to get rid of all the campers!

• Like 1

Different area, but periodically hear of enforcement at some of the popular biking trails in Tucson. Of course I’d bet 75% of the bikers have never bought the pass. 

My brother got checked on a dove hunt a couple years ago. We don't hunt ag fields. We have a few desert tanks on State Trust land we like to hunt. Anyways, he went out one morning while I was at work. Said a Pinal County Sheriff paid him a visit, verified that he was hunting(saw dead dove in my brother's possession) and went about his way. lol 

All the years, that's the only time we've been checked on ST lands 

Would be nice if they would break up those small towns/ Rv camping areas. They are overrun out past queen valley and around canyon lake for months on end

• Like 1