muledeerarea33?

Just bought a Traeger and really?

6 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Not sure where your gripe is.  I vacuum mine out maybe 3 times a year and burn thru 10+ bags of pellets a year.  Mine is one of the older models but still kicking.

Second this, but since I don't want to deal with the vacuum I just scoop out the ashes a couple of times a year and then use a blower to get the rest out ... Just make sure the wind is blowing in the direction you want!

I got a Louisiana pellet smoker at Costco on clearance for $200 and freaking love it

• Like 1

Started with one (Recteq 700) about 7 years ago, and got 3 now (RT-700, bullseye and rt-340)... love those pellet grills! Recteq are the best grills i have ever owned !

16 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

So I have to vacuum out my smoker to make it work? I’ve gone from pure wood to charcoal and homemade chips to propane and home made chips to this pellet grill. Cooks good but dang. I guess age and convenience has caught up to me.

Yes that part usually never discussed in the reviews.

• Like 1

My Camp Chef pellet grill has a lever you pull and the ash dumps out from the bottom.  You might look at some other models if you don’t like cleaning the traeger manually…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZ Yugo said:

Started with one (Recteq 700) about 7 years ago, and got 3 now (RT-700, bullseye and rt-340)... love those pellet grills! Recteq are the best grills i have ever owned !

Love my RT-700.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Electric smoker crew 

They have there place. I got a pellet grill, electric smoker and a propane grill. Use all three depending what I'm doing. 

• Like 2

Big green egg. If it needs cleaning, I make my wife do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ctafoya said:

Big green egg. If it needs cleaning, I make my wife do it. 

Caveman… waiting on fire… woman clean

13 minutes ago, oz31p said:

FYI pit boss is an Arizona company . And includes a flame broil feature 

Do they have a store front ?

12 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

By the time you need to replace the foil you should be putting on your drip pan (if you’re not , you should be) you’ll have enough dust build up it’s worth vacuuming out. Takes a whopping 5 minutes for all.  Dust fires will ruin your day and meal.  I’ve been using Traegers for over 15 years, own four, and will use nothing else.  If vacuuming out your grill a few times a year is too much effort, you sound like a candidate for Uber Eats……

What If I vacuumed it out last night, it worked for a few hours then stopped again? I’m not sure what Uber eats is?? I live in the middle of nowhere. But I assume that was a dig at me? Was it?? Either way, I’d just like it to work. Do you have a helpful fix or??

2 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

What If I vacuumed it out last night, it worked for a few hours then stopped again? I’m not sure what Uber eats is?? I live in the middle of nowhere. But I assume that was a dig at me? Was it?? Either way, I’d just like it to work. Do you have a helpful fix or??

Maybe call the help line 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigorange said:

This thread reminds me I should change the foil on the drip pan and vacuum mine…yeah I don’t remember the last time I did that either. 

My drip pan isn’t dirty. Doesn’t even have grease on it.