muledeerarea33?

Just bought a Traeger and really?

203-204* and let it rest wrapped in towels. Time doesn't matter to me, temp does. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

203 is the # for me.  Usually 10-14 hours depending on the Piece of Pork.  

Mine to! 

Where's the brisket at??  Man that looks good!!

I did a prime rib this year but forgot to take a picture so I’ll add to this thread by posting one from a couple years ago with a giant Coues next to it. 

I love cooking on my Traeger, I'm sure there are others that are better or just as good but I've had pretty good luck with mine for almost 10 years now. 

I did have to replace an auger motor and a fan but that is about it. 

A7998FBE-CD1E-414C-AAFB-24F3D997CE75.thumb.jpeg.46f559759d8dc67c9eb44d1505a86b9d.jpeg

6F55EC1F-7F53-4977-A018-17A55878705A.thumb.jpeg.e6ef783b834c302a05342f12c2b57ff8.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Frys had whole brisket 1/2 price over the weekend.  Butcher guy said through Tues (today).    Heads-up to anyone looking for one.

Likely not grade-A/choice for the picky, but good enough for my smoker.

S.

16 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

What temp? I did 225 and pulled when I needed to, no necessarily when it was ready. I would think 20-24 would be too much? What’s your method?

I start them at 185 to get more smoke then up to 225.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

I have one. Used it to cold smoke cheese and it tasted like $hit. It was my first try, it came out to smokey. The tube does make a lot of smoke.

1 hour ago, 5guyshunting said:

I have one. Used it to cold smoke cheese and it tasted like $hit. It was my first try, it came out to smokey. The tube does make a lot of smoke.

Lol this was me as well the first time I tried smoking cheese. One thing that I learned from this was DIRTY SMOKE! I thought more smoke more better. A recent friend of the family started smoking and selling brisket. Well the meat was not that good because of the dirty smoke/blue smoke. I've stopped using the pellet tube, aka amazing smoke tube and no regrets.

1 minute ago, Vowell said:

Lol this was me to the first time I tried smoking cheese. One thing that I learned from this was DIRTY SMOKE! I thought more smoke more better. A recent friend of the family started smoking and selling brisket. Well the meat was not that good because of the dirty smoke/blue smoke.

And I tried with about 4 pounds of different cheese. I need to try it again with a half pound or less at a time 

• Like 1

Just now, 5guyshunting said:

And I tried with about 4 pounds of different cheese. I need to try it again with a half pound or less at a time 

Lol right! I was in the hot box for a few days with the boss. I ruined all the cheese she made, I convinced her to let me cold smoking it. Ya never again, baby steps. Going to do just a small amout.

I'm also a big fan of the pellet tubes.  When I use my electric smoker that's all I use. Got a 6 inch and a 10 or 12.  I also use it in the pellet grill depending on what I'm doing.  

I did use the "amaze n" pellet tray before but had a hard time keeping it lit. Since I switched to the tubes I've never had an issue.