Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Head on a Swivel

2 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

What is your honest take on the idea of having trained teachers with a permit to carry on campus? I realize it opens a can of worms but I go through all kinds of "new" training for all kinds of things......and I'm not  talking about every teacher but just a couple? Maybe?

Watching that video makes me realize even more how important my classes are to me and how I would go through h3ll to keep them safe..........

Look at the cowards in Texas and imagine a bunch of purple hair teachers doing anything different. 

The cops from Uvalde should have done the honorable thing and swung themselves by a rope and it’s a shame the state of Texas let’s them walk as free men.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Most teachers lack the fight or flight that is needed in a situation like that.

We have plenty of veterans looking for work though. An armed Devil Dog protecting my son and his classmates? Yes please. 

I agree, that fight or flight is tremendous accountability. Here at Snowflake high we have two teachers that are ex-cops and openly pack at our high school. It seems like a small investment for a greater cause. When I think about high fences and walls it makes me sad because I don't want my students to feel like they are in a prison.

1 minute ago, Newbie2012 said:

And the $110B we sent to the Ukraine could have armed every K-12 school in America.  

Why invest in our own country when we can line the pockets of homosexual grifters?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

And the $110B we sent to the Ukraine could have armed every K-12 school in America.  

You can lead a horse to water. But it's been beat to death because parents live in utopia  and guns are scary. I doubt anyone on here would disagree with you.

Regarding teachers with guns.  This came up recently at a meeting I attended.  The concern is, when LEO enters, has this video shows they are ready to shoot.  A teacher even though trained may be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  It's very difficult to make a split second decision when going in to save children and an armed plain clothes person steps out armed.  The killer could step out and yell I'm a teacher,, then shoot them in the back has they go by.  

• Like 2

I can almost guarantee the officer wearing the body worn camera in the video was prior military Army/USMC with infantry training and maybe combat experience 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, runningbird said:

Regarding teachers with guns.  This came up recently at a meeting I attended.  The concern is, when LEO enters, has this video shows they are ready to shoot.  A teacher even though trained may be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  It's very difficult to make a split second decision when going in to save children and an armed plain clothes person steps out armed.  The killer could step out and yell I'm a teacher,, then shoot them in the back has they go by.  

That’s a side of it that I haven’t thought of. Cops come in and shot a teacher or plain close security officer thinking they’re the suspect. Interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, runningbird said:

I've been in the same discussion......and one thing....if I died saving a kids life then maybe the man upstairs would take away all my bad marks? And at least I know that I am putting up a fight against that POS......just a thought, but one that can't be taken lightly from any angle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

I'm thinking I should trade in that Derringer now and buy a revolver.🤔

Or Glock...

We are screwed. A reason there called Gen Z. The end of America as we know it. Lets all be influencers , and follow the usefull idiots. What do all your wives think about the Tranies taking over March womens month. Women of the year Trans bitch. We are doomed. Even the gays who fought for these rights say this isn't what it was about. First had gay sister inlaw from Oakland, left as heck. Sorry can't believe it. Visio game generation. Get killed and get new life. Just my opinion.

12 hours ago, runningbird said:

If you are trained and equipped properly( radios etc), you are going to know that when help arrives that you are now no longer part of the response and will essentially surrender or "lay down" for responders as they arrive. Also the LEO will or should know what staff are armed as they should be coordinating training with them year around. Teachers and other adult school staff aren't just getting indiscriminately being shot now as these shootings occur by first responders so it wouldn't be any different if handled correctly. It's just has to be done right and it can be if the powers that be allow it too.   

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

That’s a side of it that I haven’t thought of. Cops come in and shot a teacher or plain close security officer thinking they’re the suspect. Interesting.

You haven’t thought of it like that because what he said is illogical. We already know they don’t show up in a blink of an eye and we already know they don’t always show up and immediately stop the threat. Those 2 things are well documented. 

• Like 1

Isn't the suicide rate super high with the gender confused? Talk about automatic rejection for firearm purchases Joe.....