Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Antler Growth

love the fisheye camera lens, standard A3 photography. A great bull in spite of the distortion

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

They still had weeks to hunt, so they must of thought he was done or they would have waited a bit?

They shoot them when they have them well patterned before they rub and likely move.

that bull was as close to done as it needed to be. Any more growth, if any, wouldn’t have been much 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

love the fisheye camera lens, standard A3 photography. A great bull in spite of the distortion

Not a lot of trick photography involved in this one

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, JSR said:

You think it was done growing?

You can see the velvet split up his left main beam.  He would have rubbed any day now.  He was completely done growing. 

I have rarely seen big bulls do much if any growing after the 1st week of July, often times they will keep their velvet on for a while longer but don't grow much. I've seen lots of finished bulls by the 20th of June also. 

What a giant bull. 

So far what ive seen videos and pictures of this year is looking pretty dang good. Lots of big bulls will be killed this year. .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

Not a lot of trick photography involved in this one

I just get a kick when the hunter looks like he should be singing “ Follow the Yellow Brick Road”  in comparison to the animals rack.  My nephew did a stint with A3 while he was in college, apparently he studied their photography.  He and his dad both killed 375 bulls last year , honest measurements within 2” of each other. His photos made me think his was north of 400 when I saw it. I was amazed to see both racks and find out how close they were , cause the photo posing can obviously make a huge difference on appearance. 

As stated originally, it’s a great bull, I was not detracting from that in the least. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

I have rarely seen big bulls do much if any growing after the 1st week of July, often times they will keep their velvet on for a while longer but don't grow much. I've seen lots of finished bulls by the 20th of June also. 

What a giant bull. 

So far what ive seen videos and pictures of this year is looking pretty dang good. Lots of big bulls will be killed this year. .

Agreed. By the 4th of July they're pretty much done growing. 

Incredible bull. Has me dreaming for mid-September. 

6 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Does anyone know what unit it was killed in? I'm guessing 1 or 27, just a guess.

• Thanks 1