Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Camping etiquette ( what's wrong with people ? )

Its like this now everywhere, every weekend.  Had a elk hunt that it happened to us for. Had several bulls on cams 3 weeks straight.  Weekend of the hunt, they partiers came in and played music and shooting allnight.  Not 1 of the bulls I was after on camera the whole hunt.

30 minutes ago, Adicted said:

Its like this now everywhere, every weekend.  Had a elk hunt that it happened to us for. Had several bulls on cams 3 weeks straight.  Weekend of the hunt, they partiers came in and played music and shooting allnight.  Not 1 of the bulls I was after on camera the whole hunt.

Had the same happen years  ago just up the road from  this spot . It was my first  elk hunt and I had 6 months  of trail cam pics . Elk like clock work 3 times a day . The Thursday  before  the hunt a big camp came and setup on the flat where the trail into the water was . My buddy  sat water and I was over the ridge in a draw . Mid day a shot rings out over by the water then a second  . I figure  it's my buddy  and he figured  it was me . Turns out it was the group from the flat . The grandfather  had his grandsons  and there friends  out to help on his hunt. The old man took two shots on elk . Said he missed  clean and was lucky  because  they were bulls not cows . After we moved location  and tagged  out we went  in to get my cameras and found two dead bulls at the water and there camp was gone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Hunting Fool said:

Its always the south of the border people that has to cause the issues.  Trash, circus music all night, and always think they are the tough guys.  

I call it circus music too.

1 hour ago, Hunting Fool said:

Its always the beans that cause the issues.  Trash, circus music all night, and always think they are the tough guys.  

So what? Tejano? Would you all prefer skinheads playing Marilyn Manson or, some good old boyz blasting Colt Ford? It's all par for the course anyway since it runs the gambit. I think everyone has a story to tell about being encroached on. 

• Like 4

"I'll take you camping the weekend before or the weekend after, but not that weekend" would solve all mentioned issues....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

"I'll take you camping the weekend before or the weekend after, but not that weekend" would solve all mentioned issues....

I know you’re divorced, but surely you remember how unsuccessful applying logic like that usually turns out. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I know you’re divorced, but surely you remember how unsuccessful applying logic like that usually turns out. 😁

It was awesome. Then I never had to take them! And the house was real quiet and peaceful for a few days. Win, win, win!

• Like 1

We had it happen once years ago when it was just me and my wife with 2 dogs. We were way back in a good area and were by ourselves. There are dozens of camp site along this road for the next 2 miles, all empty. It was after dark and we are at the camp fire. Out of nowhere a guy pulls in in his mini truck with a shell camper and just stops with us dead in the headlights around the fire. He then jumps out and says something then pulls past us 30 yards, parks his truck and jumps in the back. He was an old er squirrely lookong dude. He is just outside of the firelight, so he can see us, but we can't see him. SUPER CREEPY. Like serial killer creepy.

The dogs were not happy and neither were we. We packed camp very hastily and decide to just go home. We are working our way back to the highway, but we were 10 miles or more back in the Bradshaws. We had to go slow because we needed to stop near the highway to repack the stuff we just threw in the truck so we could get TF out of camp. A couple miles later, behind us we see headlights and we can't stay ahead of them, they are to fast. As they get closer I pulled off the side so they have room to pass, and I roll down my window. My wife was like WTF are doing rolling down the window? I said if I have to shoot someone a face full of my own window glass wasn't my first choice. 

Thankfully it was someone completely different. We haven't camped in that area since though...

• Like 1

I think the confrontation started out badly.  I’m kind of like everyone here and think I do no wrong and always have the right way of thinking, and when I’m a victim, I deserve better and command respect.  However, my time spent in my career dealing with different egos and attitudes  have taught me a few tricks for a situation like that where using the correct words and body language can make the two parties comfortable with each other from the start. Them being there can switch from you being annoyed to you sharing some good cooking and brews.  The Mexicans I know always bring the good stuff to camp. 

• Like 3

Man people suck. It's not camping etiquette though.  It's just people everywhere in any situation.  Everyone these days have a sense of entitlement.  Common sense is now officially uncommon.  Been a biz owner for over 20 years and I have TONS of stories.  Here's just 3..

1. I hire a carpet guy to do install on a double wide that came off a dealers lot.  No water or waste lines hooked up.  Dude takes a steamer in the John and apparently had no tp.  Literally used a bath towel hanging in the bathroom from when the house was staged on the dealers lot.  Wipes his a$$ with it and leaves it sit in the sink.  Flushes it down with a bucket and when the guys come to hook up the sewer line he's in the zone, and not the good zone.  He totally denied it was him..

2. Had the morenci and Clifton manufactured home subdivisions drywall, flooring and cleaning contract. Literally the end of the job like it's Thursday going home Friday.  Made a couple jars of xxx for my bosses that hired me as a thank you.  Went to the truck to grab a shop vac and noticed all 3 jars had varying differences in fill height.  I'm a Virgo, everyone was precise when I filled them.  I went to dude and was like wtf?  I shoot you not his answer was "well I'm an alcoholic brother".  Then he bails and I'm stuck over the weekend and miss my wife's birthday. Then I'm stuck in my trailer on his dad's property sleeping with my 40 cal because I'm worried he's gonna start shooting up my trailer cuz he was constantly making comments about how his dad just thought I was the best but he was a constant disappointment.  

3.  Hired another carpet guy for a job (another double wide).  Dude trims all the carpet by hand and not with a wall trimmer.  The floor trim in the house is basically MDF with a white paper film on the outside.  Literally something like 350 linear feet of razor knifed floor trim and sprinkles blood throughout the house from where he had cut himself.  

Yup, I got even more...

• Wow! 1

Guess I never really thought about it but the big group of guys I camp with Im the only guero and I’ve got no problem eating carne asada tacos, drinking cervezas and listening to a little Vicente Fernandez and not an ahole in the bunch. I don’t hunt with them though, they’re too serious about their eating!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3