Sign in to follow this  
Yuma Outdoorsman

Incorrect Dates for OTC Deer...

I've seen atleast 5 different posts on social media stating that they were using different hunting apps or following different sources OTHER than the Hunting Regs on AZGFD and those all stated that the OTC hunt starts on the 19th. There have been people arguing on FB on a hunting forum all day and people legit had hunts planned for this weekend. I can't imagine why you would use any other source other than the actual website. I thought something happened like this last year on this website where a guy used an app and it gave incorrect information but I couldn't remember exactly what is was. It is crazy to me to use any other source besides the actual regs though. 

• Like 3

Yes there is a actual typo online or somewhere azgf put out, but also says to check regs to make sure your unit is open.

The AZGFD website non-resident section has the wrong dates posted.  Definitely have to check the regs but someone will use it as a loophole. 

With that logic, I can use my unfilled tags from previous hunts!?

Your old tags have dates and years on them.  The OTC deer tag only says the year.  Not really a comparison of logic, just saying someone will be out there with their bow.  I will be out there on the 25th watching the birds and squirrels water!

1 hour ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I've seen atleast 5 different posts on social media stating that they were using different hunting apps or following different sources OTHER than the Hunting Regs on AZGFD and those all stated that the OTC hunt starts on the 19th. There have been people arguing on FB on a hunting forum all day and people legit had hunts planned for this weekend. I can't imagine why you would use any other source other than the actual website. I thought something happened like this last year on this website where a guy used an app and it gave incorrect information but I couldn't remember exactly what is was. It is crazy to me to use any other source besides the actual regs though. 

They killed a buck in Region 4 when the season was closed because they trusted Go Hunt instead of reading the actual Regulations.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bigj23 said:

The AZGFD website non-resident section has the wrong dates posted.  Definitely have to check the regs but someone will use it as a loophole. 

Yeah, surprised they haven’t fixed that. Would take all of 5 seconds. Lol 

With that said, the Harvest limit/season tracker does show correct dates, so hopefully between that and the regs there’s enough redundancy for people to be in compliant. 

I saw a dude on his quad last night, with his bow and binos in 23. 

looked suspicious.  I didn’t say anything.  

57 minutes ago, bojangles said:

I saw a dude on his quad last night, with his bow and binos in 23. 

looked suspicious.  I didn’t say anything.  

and an "I love heber firemen" bumper sticker?

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Interesting. I am almost positive I remember that the OTC season started a week or 2 earlier than the OTC bear hunt in the unit we hunt which I thought was odd, but looking at the regs I downloaded they do say they both start the 25th. 

if you follow the login in this country, regs are just a suggestion, just like reallocating store assets to yourself, or helping yourself to your neighbors stuff, or getting away with a paycheck from Barisma or the CCP, simply just mere suggestions, not rule or law.

• Like 1

I wish the general public had the smarts or common sense of most of the members on here, but tragically, that is wishful thinking. I met people every year for three years after 11m went draw, thinking it was still otc. Also met a guy 2 years ago in 7e that thought the otc elk tag was valid there.