Sign in to follow this  
eddielasvegas

Would you spend this much on a Benchmade knife?

I'm all for free enterprise and letting the market tell you where your product or price is, but dang this seems crazy expensive.

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the price.

What does the hive think?

Eddie

image.thumb.png.6df37c3ae05b47aff565de9b609d5150.png

Likely just because it’s a Limited Edition.  I’m sure it will sell out quick for knife collectors.  Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn’t buy it, but then again, i’ve spent $200 on a bottle of rye whiskey before. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm all for paying a little more for good gear, but I've never gotten the super pricey pocket knife thing. It's not like I ever lose them - heck I'm in my 50s and have pocket knives I've owned since I was a kid, but, really how much better can they cut than a $40 knife? I think Curtis is right - kind of a "look what I got" thing as opposed to actual functionality.

My most expensive Benchmade is a collectors edition rift with M4 steel that was 275$ about 10 years ago. No way I'd pay $600 for that Bailout.

My family has a thing with knifes.  We even have our share of Benchmade.  I don’t think anyone would buy that unless they are a collector. Titanium is very cool though.  It’s not the price, because even the wealthy wouldn’t buy it since they are usually smart with money.  It’s a hobby thing.

I do like the modern knifes like this one over the old trapper type of yesterday.  I think I will get a Case G-10 Marilla as an everyday carry. 

Spent the last couple days making my own.

20230929_150958.thumb.jpg.e298e2012637bb5aa424f6e86485a5df.jpg

• Like 3

I live 20 minutes from the factory and was in there today with my son getting our knives sharpened and they sold 6 of those just in the 20 minutes we were there. Somebody likes them! Won’t find one in my house though, a lot of other gear I’d rather spend that money on!