Tbar

Vortex binos?

Placing an order for new binos… can’t decide on Vortex Fury® HD 5000 AB Laser Rangefinding Binocular 10x42 or Vortex Razor UHD 18X56. Any advice??

Yeah vortex gets ripped hard here...

It has its place in the market though, if it was me and you buy vortex buy used. You will save money and the warranty is transferable.

Anything else. Cheap Leupold are better than most Vortex. I looked through my friends “high end” Vortex 15’s and thought my cataract had reformed.

• Like 3

Can’t speak to the fury’s, but l was pretty disappointed in the clarity from the UHDs. A good set of used 15x56 SLCs is about the same price as a new set of UHDs, but you will be much happier looking through the SLCs and you won’t take as much of a hit if you choose to sell in the future

• Like 3

Mine are not the high end, but I have 15x50 Viper HDs and they are OK, but not amazing. Zeiss conquest blow them out of the water.

I have a couple pair of Diamondbacks for my kids and they are good for them because I am sure i will need to warranty them at some point, because...kids. 😂

My next pair of binos will definitely not be Vortex. Zeiss, Maven, Meopta, something like that. 

I graduated from the Kaibab 15x56 to the Maven 15x56 and was a huge difference. Especially in low light. Couldn't be happier

I'd have to agree  with  everyone  my hunting  buddy  has high end vortex  binos  and my leupold  bx3 are better  and they still  have a lifetime  warranty  . Ziess ,meopta,Swarovski  or most cables  euro made by meopta are much better  glass for the money. 

• Like 1

Rokslide usually has some smoking deals on used meoptas and their 15x56 are some great glass. 

those two binos are vastly different though, what are you looking for?

• Like 1

I own the 18s and honestly I use them more than the 15 swaros depending in the situation. I don't own a spotter, so the 18 uhds are my go too for deer hunting and scouting for  my elk hunts but when I'm actually hunting elk and moving alot or shed hunting I use the swaros for the field of view.  It's all about preference and application. I have a pretty unbiased opinion as I own both and run both. 

3 hours ago, Eli said:

those two binos are vastly different though, what are you looking for?

My thought too…the 2 choices presented are very different regardless of brand and would depend on how you want to use them. 

I have all three.  My experience with the 18x56 is good.  They give up a little in field of view obviously.  I spent a whole day with both 15x56 SLC and 18x56 UHD each on their own tripod. I preferred my 15s but i could use the 18s all day. 

I have the Fury 5000. Rangefinder is excellent glass is good.  I used them all day to glass on a mountain goat hunt in August.i thought they were good. Now if i could just find my 15s....

They weren't in my designated spot