Adicted

Son looking for work.. Hard worker and motivated

My son name is Dylan.  He just graduated High School but is a motivated hard working guy.  Hes 6 ft 210 strong guy. Several can vouch for him on here and hopefully they chime in.  For the past 2 years while playing Baseball and school he started his own paver and turf business.  Does good work but in AZ its hard to compete since so many people do it here, and people don't trust young kids.  He also does monthly landscape if any of you guys interested.  He's on the west side in Waddell/Surprise.  

The reason I'm posting is last night he said Dad, I need steady work. His skills are in what I mentioned above plus sprinklers, but he's willing to look into any field.  He's young and I'm hoping some of you guys on here have a beginning position into something new.  Could be electrical, mining, car sales, plumbing,  farming, etc... Hoping to get  him started in a career.  If you guys have anything shoot me a message and I will put you in contact with him.  He has a 4x4 truck to get to work. Thanks fellas. Some pics of his work and the deer pic is last weekend.  

D 4.jpg

D 1.jpg

D 3.jpg

D 2.jpg

D 6.png

D 5.jpg

• Like 12

BNSF . My nephew started 9 years ago at 60k and now makes 100k. He has to live in minot north dakota but a a great union career for someone who doesnt want the college route. 

On 12/4/2023 at 8:23 AM, TOBY said:

BNSF . My nephew started 9 years ago at 60k and now makes 100k. He has to live in minot north dakota but a a great union career for someone who doesnt want the college route. 

Good luck there!

His work looks great in the pictures! I would push him to get his contractors license in landscaping or masonry & continue his skills. Will be a little tough at first, but it won’t take long to get his name out there.

• Like 4

There's a ton of work in the electrical field. Great looking work. 

• Like 1

If he likes doing landscape construction, I’d nudge him to explore self employment. 
Trust me there is enough room out there for a young, motivated, honest businessman and I think you’d be surprised how many would give him a chance. There’s a contractor business exam outfit there in Phoenix that helps people study for what’s on the ROC exam. He’s young enough that if he doesn’t like self employment he can go another route. Good looking work

• Like 3

Man I wish  I'd  have known  sooner  I just had paver work  done to fill in my driveway  so I can put in a rv gate. Your son's  got skills . Keep  pushing  him to get his license  and it will  open more  doors  there's  work but most want a licensed  contractor  even  tho most just sub it out anyway. 

• Like 1

Don't let age discourage him. Look into getting a contractors license and the work will come. I got my first license at 25 and age never was an issue. If you answer your phone and show up to work you have most guys beat, right off the bat. 

Call these guys and they can lead him in the right direction on what license classification and how to get it. https://www.azclc.com/

• Like 2

Made a hilarious (to me) meme in regards to this thread and the one talking about the only color of people worth hiring. But I don’t want to offend anyone  

• Like 1

Thx for everyone who has responded or sent a PM. He did pick up a few paver jobs from u guys and when hes done will make some calls to the other's that have sent messages. Thx guys. U guys stepped up as always. 

• Like 4