Sign in to follow this  
Tony Nile

Discuss...

I wouldn't use a blind or stand that wasn't mine anyway. If it ain't yours, don't touch it. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Redman said:

that is a great number to post on-line - use for solicitations 

Great idea ... or pack it up and send it to them ... tell them they forgot it and you wanted to return it to the rightful owner ...

• Haha 1

Assuming this is on public land I don’t like how this note is written. Anyone can legally hunt from that blind outfitter owned or not. Better to just say, “This blind belongs to TNT—we will have clients in-and-out of here from 12/15 -12/31. If you happen to kill anything over this water please share with us at at…(contact info)."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, high rise hunter said:

Assuming this is on public land I don’t like how this note is written. Anyone can legally hunt from that blind outfitter owned or not. Better to just say, “This blind belongs to TNT—we will have clients in-and-out of here from 12/15 -12/31. If you happen to kill anything over this water please share with us at at…(contact info)."

Can they legally? Never really thought about it honestly but is a tree stand legal to hunt if you don't own it?

Regs say even though  it's yours  it's still  first come . I'd never  sit someone  else's  but I've had someone  sit a blind that we left up for a day or two after my dad shot a elk in 6a a few years back . They did  leave it as they found but we could  tell because  they left a hat inside.. I always  run a cable and lock around  something  just to help keep  it where I put it.

A few years ago when I got to my tree stand there was another hunter sitting it, I told him it was my stand, and he said in AZ it's first come first serve, I told him that was fine, I'd go sit somewhere else. Before I left, I took all my tree steps going to the tree stand, he seemed upset. he was screaming something about first come when I walked away, I hope he got down ok.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HNTNGUY said:

Not sitting in someone else's blind is kind of a given. I think the note attached to it is kind of a douche move.

Nah. That’s totally chill imo. I wouldn’t give a care if someone sat my blind that’s on public when I’m not in it. 

of course I’d be sick if they killed a giant. But that’s not here nor there 

• Like 1

I agree trphyhntr. It’s on public land. I guess you could say ok you were here first no biggie stay but I do need to take my blind to set up elsewhere if that is what you wanted to do. But I would have no problems with someone in my blind that I left behind - can’t really be upset if you left it on public ground - that’s the chance you take for leaving it. 

• Like 1