Sign in to follow this  
25-06

Cold night

2 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Dang bro! Luck you got electricity. Sittin here with my couch dog drinkin bourbon snow cones, candles goin, waitin on the power to come back on.

Still on the county line, Hoss?

I'm with you on the bourbon, tho mines over the rocks and not shaved.

As far as "burn days" and fireplaces, our house was built in '62. I HAVE noticed that our bedrooms are colder if we start a fire in the evening. Something to do with outside combustion air not considered in the original house plan, so we pick our days to light it off and open the damper. Christmas we had a doozy and have not fired one since.

10 hours ago, 25-06 said:

A view from my couch.

IMG_20240107_181514411.jpg

IMG_20240107_181533995.jpg

Comfy looking spot, but you must not be burning much juniper in there with no screen and a rug that close?  I burn juniper exclusively and it pops like a mother.  

8 hours ago, Edge said:

No burn days and no fireplaces or wood burning stoves have been permitted last 25 years

Yeah I grew up there. Last house we built there in 2000 it broke my heart to put in one of those propane inserts that we never used! 
So we built an outdoor wood burning fireplace! 

8 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Did I miss something in there, I read that new homes can’t have fireplaces since 1998. But you can still use a fireplace in Maricopa county

You can still use a fireplace, but there are “no burn days” declared when the air quality goes to shite.   Never heard of anyone I know getting a ticket or anything….  Not even sure how it’s enforced.  

9 hours ago, arizonian said:

As far as "burn days" and fireplaces, our house was built in '62. I HAVE noticed that our bedrooms are colder if we start a fire in the evening. Something to do with outside combustion air not considered in the original house plan, so we pick our days to light it off and open the damper. Christmas we had a doozy and have not fired one since.

I think ‘cold rooms’ are pretty common with almost fireplaces/stoves.   Simply a matter of the chimney drawing to evacuate the smoke.   The displaced air in the house has to be filled-in somehow, so often this done via pulling outside air in through any crack available.   

To your point, the design of the home (whether to consider a specific way to bring-in the displaced air or not) has a great impact on it. 👍🏻😉

20 minutes ago, stanley said:

You can still use a fireplace, but there are “no burn days” declared when the air quality goes to shite.   Never heard of anyone I know getting a ticket or anything….  Not even sure how it’s enforced.  

yeah - every new year's eve every year is a no burn day due to 'air quality' - but it's ok to fill the valley with sulfur from a million fireworks... I guess the tax revenue make the pollution ok. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, arizonian said:

You could probably crack your furnace door just a bit if it's in your house. It should have combustion air.  Also could run the blower to keep the air circulated.

42 minutes ago, jdown said:

yeah - every new year's eve every year is a no burn day due to 'air quality' - but it's ok to fill the valley with sulfur from a million fireworks... I guess the tax revenue make the pollution ok. 

The air on New Year’s Day was the worst I’ve seen I think. That was a real brown blanket laying on the city that morning. 

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

The air on New Year’s Day was the worst I’ve seen I think. That was a real brown blanket laying on the city that morning. 

We have done the leave at 3 thing going pig hunting on the 1st many many times and it is a thick cloud of crap until you get out of the valley.  That a few drunks to weave by... 

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Ever notice No Burn days occur on the few days most folks would like a fire? Thanksgiving,  Christmas,  New Years...

The county enforces the rule, there's a hotline for Karen's to report their neighbors. And don't forget, leafblowers operated by government entities or operating OHVs in area A (wth?) not allowed.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, arizonian said:

Yes sir,  still in the same place. The snow, if packed right will turn into cubes. 

On my way to work this morning at 5am.  Ignore the km/h. My fingers were cold and accidentally toggled the speedometer! haha

20240108_051133.thumb.jpeg.7fea79cafef40fa1533337373748b40d.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Edge said:

Ever notice No Burn days occur on the few days most folks would like a fire? Thanksgiving,  Christmas,  New Years...

The county enforces the rule, there's a hotline for Karen's to report their neighbors. And don't forget, leafblowers operated by government entities or operating OHVs in area A (wth?) not allowed.

I always have a fire on the above mentioned days. I don't go by their rules. I guess I'm the problem with all of the "climate change " .🤔