azcoues

photo radar ticket

I heard they void after 90 days. My friend got one 8 months ago, got his three notices in the mail during the first month or two after that havent heard anything since. He still has a licences and no suspensions.

O.K., about 3-4 weeks ago I was on my way to NM, I'm driving my buddies truck, he is in the passenger seat. I get zapped on the 260 in Payson (that darn camouflaged brown one along the rock wall). I see it flash, to my knowledge, my buddy hasn't received anything yet. My question is, since it wasn't him driving his truck, should we ignore it if/when it comes? After reading all these posts, it sounds like we should, but my other buddy said he recently got one while driving his wife's car, they sent her the ticket and said if she didn't identify the driver, somehow she was responsible. If anybody knows for sure (not just hearsay please), what are our rights in this situation? Thanks.

My wife received a photo radar ticket about a year ago, she ignored it, she never heard anything else.. Most of us on this site are honest individuals and know the right thing to do, BUT these tickets are a joke!! Good luck

I heard they void after 90 days. My friend got one 8 months ago, got his three notices in the mail during the first month or two after that havent heard anything since. He still has a licences and no suspensions.

Usually if you don't pay for a ticket, they will put out a bench warrant for arrest. You can call the courthouse and find out, or wait until he ever gets pulled over by the cops, when they ask you to step out of the car and place your hands on it :blink:

I did a reaserch paper on this topic last semester and most citys and states that have photo radar and red light cameras where cases have been taken to court have had the system deemed illeagel or uncostitutional. Most states had contracts with the companies that where agianst laws that where on that states books. If you need to fight it I have tons of reaserch that you could use in court.

Usually if you don't pay for a ticket, they will put out a bench warrant for arrest. You can call the courthouse and find out, or wait until he ever gets pulled over by the cops, when they ask you to step out of the car and place your hands on it :blink:

You can only get a bench warrant for a CRIMINAL charge. These photo-radar tickets are civil traffic violations; they carry only monetary penalties and the risk of your driving privileges being suspended. IF you don't acknowledge the letter and don't get served in person, there is nothing they can do. I don't know what the current law is on the amount of time the State has to serve you for a civil traffic violation but it is 6 months if you are involved in an accident and I THINK it is 90 days if not.

Under Arizona law, ANY adult can be served at your last known address.

If someone else is driving your vehicle and they send you the notice, you can fill out the back and tell them it wasn't you and include a photo of your driver's license- do NOT identify the driver, even though they want you too.

If you get your license suspended, MVD will mail you a notice of suspension. Make sure the address that MVD has on file for you is a valid mailing address. You can use a PO box but most of the process servers will use Nexus-Lexus or similar data base to find a REAL address for you where they can serve you.

If you are really worried about it, wear a mask when you drive like I do. No face, No ID.

You can only get a bench warrant for a CRIMINAL charge. These photo-radar tickets are civil traffic violations; they carry only monetary penalties and the risk of your driving privileges being suspended. IF you don't acknowledge the letter and don't get served in person, there is nothing they can do. I don't know what the current law is on the amount of time the State has to serve you for a civil traffic violation but it is 6 months if you are involved in an accident and I THINK it is 90 days if not.

Under Arizona law, ANY adult can be served at your last known address.

If someone else is driving your vehicle and they send you the notice, you can fill out the back and tell them it wasn't you and include a photo of your driver's license- do NOT identify the driver, even though they want you too.

If you get your license suspended, MVD will mail you a notice of suspension. Make sure the address that MVD has on file for you is a valid mailing address. You can use a PO box but most of the process servers will use Nexus-Lexus or similar data base to find a REAL address for you where they can serve you.

If you are really worried about it, wear a mask when you drive like I do. No face, No ID.

Maybe the laws have changed over the years. Many years ago I was pulled over for a traffic violation, the officer ran a check on me and said I had a bench warrant against me. I asked what it was for, and he said it was my failure to appear at court for a previous speeding ticket that I failed to take care of.

I was handcuffed and spent 6 hours in jail before I was released.

Citations or traffic tickets are issued in the State of Arizona for various violations of traffic law. Citations generally indicate the statute or code number of the violation, and explain how and when to pay the fine or respond to the ticket. You must respond to a citation, usually by paying a fine or appearing in court, or else a warrant may be issued for your arrest and your driving license may be suspended.

O.K., about 3-4 weeks ago I was on my way to NM, I'm driving my buddies truck, he is in the passenger seat. I get zapped on the 260 in Payson (that darn camouflaged brown one along the rock wall). I see it flash, to my knowledge, my buddy hasn't received anything yet. My question is, since it wasn't him driving his truck, should we ignore it if/when it comes? After reading all these posts, it sounds like we should, but my other buddy said he recently got one while driving his wife's car, they sent her the ticket and said if she didn't identify the driver, somehow she was responsible. If anybody knows for sure (not just hearsay please), what are our rights in this situation? Thanks.

I got a photo radar ticket in the mail some time last year from my bro-in-law running a red light in my car. I called the number and told them it wasn't me. They try to trick you into saying who it is or say that you know who it is. I simply said that it wasn't me. I sent in a color photocopy of my DL and the ticket. In the space where it asks you to identify the driver I simply wrote "Not Me." I have never heard anything back, I'm assuming it went away.

In the space where it asks you to identify the driver I simply wrote "Not Me." I have never heard anything back, I'm assuming it went away.

You should have wrote "Ted Kennedy".

:P :lol: :P

In the space where it asks you to identify the driver I simply wrote "Not Me." I have never heard anything back, I'm assuming it went away.

You should have wrote "Ted Kennedy".

:P :lol: :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: , or Janet Napolitano

Your constitutional rights say that you don't have to incriminate your spouse. If she sends them a copy of her drivers license and states that it is not her they cant do a dam thing. As for you your buddy just needs to do the same they wont ask anymore after they compare the photos its not worth it to them.

You can also check the status of your case on the internet in whatever city you got the ticket in on their website. You will have to have the ticket with the case number on it so you can look it up. They have 120 days from the citation date before they dismiss it. They served me illegally by leaving it on my front door but the process server said somebody was home and didn't answer the door ao he left it. I wrote letter to supreme court complaining about being served illeagally never heard anything back.

Once you are served there is a fee, I had to pay was 26.00 in Prescott valley for being served, I won my case, but still had to pay the server fee, and a maricopa county sheriff was who served me at my house. The best thing to do is throw it in the trash until you get served, the more people that do this ties up the system and makes it harder and harder for the process to work as they want it to. Hopefully what will happen is they will see how bad it is and get rid of them, and then hire more police officers, when they write you a ticket you are served right then. I can see people running for office being asked about this for sure, the question is will they lie and say they will get rid of them and then allow them to stay because of the economic issues local and state governments are facing. Either way I see it as an invasion of privacy since they are all streaming video, they are ran by a foreign country (Australia), there is the possibility of machine malfunction causing unnecessary problems to lots of people, it is going to lead to the streaming video tracking plates over distances and measuring the time to calculate an average speed and sending out tickets, no matter it just seems like Big Brother trying to take control of individuals. I think if I ever receive another ticket for speeding in a 75 mile zone I will sue every vehicle manufacturer in the U.S. for producing a vehicle that exceeds all speed limits in this country, thus causing the ticket to me in the first place.

Well since I go to the woods weekly scouting I have had 9 tickets in 7 months. So far I have won 3 traffice stop court cases and 3 are pending a court date. 3 are photo radar. The other day my niece answered the door and they served her she was 14. Well I threw it in the trash. I have had many photo radar tickets (30 plus) and never once have had to pay anything. If they serve you, you can trash it or on the back of the ticket, say it wasnt you and you cant identify the driver and send it in. Most times they will send it back in the mail and say this has been dimissed. I did have one time when they said it appeared to be me and they set a court date, I showed up and they said this is you in the pic and I said no its not and they said yes it is and I said Nope. They then dismissed it!! Good Luck!!Happy Hunting!! :rolleyes:

Wow! You must have a lead foot! :lol:

-Tracy