matthewp45

Mullin's Got it done in a big way!

A VERY BIG CONGRATS to the Mullins crew! AAA class bulls are always nice to see. Don't worry there will be more in the years to come. You will only get out of a hunt what you put into it! It has been shown they did there homework! This Bisquit guy sounds like that joker from a few years ago that was screaming about how the state was screwing non-residents. I hate reading post like this. I like it when everyone gets along and there isn't any of this BS being flung around. Congrats again to the hunter and the Guides. Job well done!

I'm not sure if this is the thread to post this in but I just back back from the mtns and I shot me a 200" coues but im not posting pics because biscuit will talk it down! :P :P :P :lol: :lol:

LOL wow thats funny... This is the first time i have ever neen people on this site get upset. :unsure:

Anyways nice bull congrats to the hunter and everyone involved.......And for everyone who is upset all i got to say is....last time i checked hunting was not about the score of the antlers but the time u spend with your family and friends and the memories that will last a lifetime.

regardless of score HUGE bull congrats to everyone.

Adam

PS. take a breather and remember the real reasons we hunt.

My hat is off to anyone who shoots a giant like that.

It takes a lot of hard work to do it on purpose, no matter who you are, it takes a lot of time and dedication to nail a big ol bull like that.

Congrats to Team Mullins and the hunter. Great job!

Good grief, I wonder why anyone ever shares their success??

GREAT JOB Jim and crew and hunter, Congratulations guys on a great hard earned trophy!!

Wetmule,

I could not agree with you post any more!

I personally am thankful for Jim (and others) taking the time to post thier story and pictures of thier hunt for me to read and enjoy, for a few minutes of a day I get away from this concert h e l l.

Every time I visit this CWT (which is a free website for my enjoyment) I appreciate the pictures and stories people post (just read BML's archery coues story and it was awesome).

I hope people continue to share thier success.

Redman

Thanks redman!

About 90% of this thread belongs in the trash bin!

Congrats to the hunter. Congrats to Mullins Outfitters. Congrats to the bull for living long enough to become the majestic beast that he is.

None of the rest of it really matters.

First thing I would like to say is I have no ill feeling's for the guide or hunter.Now that I have said that,I would like to add that anytime there is a big animal shot on a auction tag.It seem's like this always happens.I personally do not agree with these tag's because it gives hunting a bad name. Now of course if I was a guide I might think differently.Because of the money I could make.I know we have this arguement every year about whether the benefit of these tag's outweigh the negative.To me every year that goes by makes it clear that the negative outshines the positive.

First thing I would like to say is I have no ill feeling's for the guide or hunter.Now that I have said that,I would like to add that anytime there is a big animal shot on a auction tag.It seem's like this always happens.I personally do not agree with these tag's because it gives hunting a bad name. Now of course if I was a guide I might think differently.Because of the money I could make.I know we have this arguement every year about whether the benefit of these tag's outweigh the negative.To me every year that goes by makes it clear that the negative outshines the positive.

What Negative?????? If you are talking about all the trash talking, thats on the people, not on what the commissioner's tag bring and does for our wildlife.

Kathi

Kathi,

There is a lot of people that think these tags have a negative effect on the perception of what hunting has become.These tags bring a lot of money to the Guides (Way more then regular hunts because of the huge tips).And because of this you have some real backstabbing between the guides.Also the general public has a lot less problem with hunters if they think they are hunting for the meat and not just for the horns only.Also you have hunters that get hard feelings over the auction tags because the auction tag gets to hunt before anybody else.So som hunters think that the game and fish are selling off what people think as our wildlife not there's. And finally there are a lot of people who think there are better way's of getting the money for the department.

It is definitely a nice bull. :) Congratulations to the hunter. :D

I will say the thread sure turned south. :(

The funniest part of it is the "SCI Master Measurer". :lol: :lol:

Auction tag debate again? Oh great here we go...ANOTHER can-o-worms...good grief...

Its good to know that there are still some "Good Ol boys" out there that still belive in a little comradery and aren't affraid to tell a little fish story (so to speak) every now and again! Congrats again on an AWSOME bull lookin foward to more pics and a story!

BML...

this is the one of the most overlooked aspects of it all.well said.

"Congrats to the bull for living long enough to become the majestic beast that he is. "

Congrats to the hunter and the Mullins staff.

The rest of the drama that I had to somewhat read through to look at facts about the bull I am glad to not see when I am done posting this.....

Happy Elk :P Hunting in the future....

I gotta agree with Kathi on this one...the negatives are due to people, not the tags themselves. Those tags bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars for AZ...to say they are bad because the guides make more money on them is just plain jealousy (so they're making more money...so what? They're good at their jobs...). To say it's not fair that they hunt before the rest of us? I could say that the archery hunts aren't fair either because they're earlier than my rifle tag...should we all be out there at the same time? Again, that's another people problem thinking that someone else has an "unfair" advantage (Jealousy seems to be a pattern, huh?). And finally, to say that these hunts bring the sporting community bad press...well, we're always gonna have that. If everything that brings hunting/fishing bad press should end, then we'd have to say goodbye to it altogether...the anti's will always have something to say negatively about what we do...

We need to remember the dollars that it brings in to AZ wildlife...and remember that both sides of this Auction Tag/No Auction Tag argument have something in common...we're all hunters! We just need to keep that in mind rather than let this whole "it's not fair" attitude come between us all...!

I gotta agree with Kathi on this one...the negatives are due to people, not the tags themselves. Those tags bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars for AZ...to say they are bad because the guides make more money on them is just plain jealousy (so they're making more money...so what? They're good at their jobs...). To say it's not fair that they hunt before the rest of us? I could say that the archery hunts aren't fair either because they're earlier than my rifle tag...should we all be out there at the same time? Again, that's another people problem thinking that someone else has an "unfair" advantage (Jealousy seems to be a pattern, huh?). And finally, to say that these hunts bring the sporting community bad press...well, we're always gonna have that. If everything that brings hunting/fishing bad press should end, then we'd have to say goodbye to it altogether...the anti's will always have something to say negatively about what we do...

We need to remember the dollars that it brings in to AZ wildlife...and remember that both sides of this Auction Tag/No Auction Tag argument have something in common...we're all hunters! We just need to keep that in mind rather than let this whole "it's not fair" attitude come between us all...!

Well stated and I agree...I just want to know why people are jealous or think it is unfair? Its America folks! These tags are sold at public auction and EVERYBODY has the right and opportunity to bid on them...if you can afford it is not the issue...just saying where there is a will there is a way and if someone thought it was important enough or wanted it bad enough they would make it happen...no need to be jealous of the ones who do make it happen!