ruffcountry

Short and Sweet

I started and ended my hunt on monday morning after having driven thru the night to get to my hunting area . I decided that I should get out and hunt and setting up camp could come later , after a short nap and with daylight fast approaching , I rummaged thru my gear for just the essentials for a 1 day hunt , loaded my day pack and took off . One of the first deer I seen was this little muley buck .

post-704-1258086284_thumb.jpg

Next I came across these hunters and gave them a big "atta boy" and told them the area I planned to be in .

These are BP doing the hard work .

post-704-1258087124_thumb.jpg

post-704-1258088278_thumb.jpg

They flushed a doe and young one .

post-704-1258087982_thumb.jpg

After the BP cleared out , I looked around and I could see does with young ones all around me . I moved slowly along the hill tops stopping often to glass . I heard two shots followed shortly by a third in the distance and wondered if any of them connected . About a mile away I could see a small herd of javelina moving across an ocotilla covered slope .

I had made my way to a high bowl that I had seen some of the does and yearlings go into earlier . I eased up to the edge and could see that it was brushy and shady , a perfect hiding spot for ...

100_3228.jpg

100_3236.jpg

I checked the time , it was 9:30 am , I imagined that I could hear Larry saying "GIT 'ER DONE". As I made my way over to him I wondered if there would be ground shrinkage , there wasnt . I admired my trophy and when I held his rack in my hands I was reassured that I had made the right decision even though it was first morning I got to hunt , I took some pictures and boned him out for the long hike out . I was huffing and puffing under the weight of my pack in the heat when along came motoxno53 (whom I had met at the parking area ) and he graciously helped me get him back to my vehicle (big thanks Chris ). So there you have it short and sweet , I never even unpacked the camping gear , but I still had very memorable hunt and I brought home more Arizona treasure .

I measured him 95 5/8 .

post-704-1258099155_thumb.jpg

Guest borderboy

Sure is a nice deer. It's a shame that we have to share our hunting areas with smugglers and UDAs. When I was a kid my dad would drop me off in the am and pick me up in the evening. I wouldn't do that with a 13 year old these days. Where would we be without America's Finest - BP and US Customs?

Congratulations on your success!!!

You made my day and put a smile on my face my friend. My favoryte unit keeps producing good bucks. You the man. I hope to hunt with you soon. The las two years you have done an outstanding job, congratulations.

Ernesto C

Short and sweet is right. Congrats! This kind of hunt sure keeps your adrenaline flowing. I kind of remembering BP trucks being green. Did they change recently?