Anyone hear anything about an outfitter being killed in Mexico? body buried in a shallow grave, vehicle found with 3 Drug lords? This is scary for anyone planning a trip down there. Let me know if you heard anything...........Allen Taylor.........

got this off from rockypointtalk.net

MEXICO CITY - U.S. officials confirmed Monday that an American citizen was found dead in northern Mexico.

The U.S. Embassy said the body of Ronald C. Ryan of Phoenix, Arizona, was recovered in Sonora state, across from Arizona, but gave no other details.

Jose Larrinaga, spokesman for Sonora state prosecutors, told reporters Sunday that Ryan's body was found the previous day partially buried near a creek on the outskirts of Santa Ana, a city 60 miles south of Nogales, Arizona.

A cause of death had not been determined and the body was taken to the border city of Nogales, Mexico, for an autopsy, Larrinaga said.

He said Ryan, 67, was reported missing May 3.

State police had reported detaining three men the following day who had left Ryan's pickup truck at a car wash in Santa Ana. Officers seized several automatic rifles, dozens of bullets and marijuana from the men, ages 18, 20 and 21, state police said. Local media said two of the men are the son and a nephew of Jose Vasquez Villagrana, an alleged key operator of the Sinaloa cartel who was arrested in February.

Thats pretty sad! I wonder if the guy was involved in something, or just an innocent victim of bandido's or cartel members.

With the current state of affairs and the growing resentment over SB1070, I am staying the heck out of Mexico. As much as I like the Baja, things are just getting too risky. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time can lead to bad things.

Has anyone heard of that Mr. Ryan before? That's very sad and very scary. If he was a hunter or an outfitter then he is the first one that I've heard of being killed on the Sonora side of Mexico. Up until now I've been able to say that I've never heard of any hunters being killed or harmed. There's no turkey's in Santa Ana so he must've been just driving through if he was hunting?!?! Sucks to hear of this.

I saw no mention of him being an outfitter or outdoorsman? Anybody know any more about this guy? Sad regardless of what he was doing down there.

I'm pretty sure I found out that he was an outfitter based out of Scottsdale and specialized in Sonora. Maybe he was going down to scout or something. I've got a trip planned in a couple weeks and will be traveling through Santa Ana as usual, just won't be the same anymore.

I think I'm just gonna leave one of my trucks down there and start flying instead, safer, easier and faster!

Extremely sad. After many trips to Mexico myself, one always felt "safe" once on the ranches and behind gates. No more! And the fact that you have to go unarmed if you are just scouting ranches or traveling just makes one a sitting duck for these scumbag druggies...

Very sad news indeed.

It's a tough world down there right now.

I know of several outfitters that have been robbed of their belongings and a few close friends that have been harassed into giving money (several thousand) in order to save some stuff.

Anyone heading down that way, be careful.

Condolences to the man's family.

You gots ta be out cho mind to go down there. and unarmed to boot? No freakin way.

One of the kids on my son's baseball team, goes down to his family's ranch 2 hours south of Douglas and hunts, they invited us to tag along and hunt with them. I was thinking about going, but the War Department put the big hammer down on that idea. I knew I married her for a good reason.

Not good at all! Really bad news that hurts many people in many ways. Prayers to his family.

Ernesto C