I will pray for his family and also I will pray that our Federal Government and our President opens there eyes to the out of control security of our borders.The rancher in Douglas that was hunted down and killed after turning in the drug smuglers should have been addressed by the fed's a lot more then it probally was.If our border does not get more help from the U.S.A., then I predict in the future that there is going to be some vigilanty killing's of drug runners from family members of the murderd people.

YOU ALL NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT MEXICO IS A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY AND IS RUN BY CARTEL'S AND DIRTY POLITICIANS. MY GRAND FATHER WAS KILLED IN MEXICO ON A FISHING TRIP IN 1966. WE HAVE NO BODY, NO CLOSURE AND NO REASONS FOR HIS DEATH. I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM MEXICO. BUT THEN AGAIN THEY ARE HERE TOO. SO WHEN YOU ARE OUT HUNTING IN ARIZONA AND SEE DRIP LINES AND GREEN LEAFY PLANTS GET OUT OF THAT CANYON OR YOU MAY BE SHOT

My prayers to the family. I had intended to take my family down to Mexico next Fall for a mission trip to build houses, but no more.

Reminds me of an ASU professor doing research in Mexico several years ago who was murdered and buried in a shallow grave. Six months later they found his truck - a police department was using it.

Anyone who has read this thread, you have been warned! If you live through your Mexico trip, don't come crying back here because somebody stuck an AK-47 up your nose and took your stuff.

You owe it to your family not to take the risk.

Mark

so do any of us know for a fact that the results of this would have been any different if he would have been car jacked in the US?

so do any of us know for a fact that the results of this would have been any different if he would have been car jacked in the US?

good point, or car jacked in Iraq or Afghanistan. I stay out of those war zones too.

Tough question to answer, but in my opinion, I would think that being murdered and buried in a shallow grave, over a carjacking is much less likely in the U.S.

would it be more socially acceptable if he was murdered in the U.S?

The nice thing about Arizona law is that defending one's self from forcible entry of an occuppied vehicle falls under the laws of justifiable homicide.

In America, the man would be able to carry a firearm and defend himself. So, how do we know that he would not have sent these scumbags to the morgue himself.

Guest Bandido

It could be that we never know what really took place or why. Whether it would have turned out different if it happened here. If the bad guys targeted him and hunted him down the odds were against him from the start. He may never have seen it coming. But there are all kinds of things happening in Mexico that we don't hear about. Just today Mexican officials are searching for an ex-presidential candidate who may have been taken by a cartel. We need to get busy reducing or eliminating the demand so this stuff will go away. Right? :ph34r:

You gots ta be out cho mind to go down there. and unarmed to boot? No freakin way.

I had a Great hunt down there a couple of years ago but I agree more and more with Desertbull and some of the others on this. Under the present conditions I would never consider going down there again. Just not worth putting your Family through that.

It could be that we never know what really took place or why. Whether it would have turned out different if it happened here. If the bad guys targeted him and hunted him down the odds were against him from the start. He may never have seen it coming. But there are all kinds of things happening in Mexico that we don't hear about. Just today Mexican officials are searching for an ex-presidential candidate who may have been taken by a cartel. We need to get busy reducing or eliminating the demand so this stuff will go away. Right? :ph34r:

Was the ex-presidential candidate's name Ruben Dario Salcido?

If so, I know him and have visited his beach house at Puerto Lobos and the factory he owns in Caborca.

He is a partner of Pennsylvanian David Hanlin (whose book, "Around The World And Then Some," I wrote) in a high-fence mule deer operation in the Sierra Viejos.

Bill Quimby

Guest Bandido

I saw it on Fox News this am. I think the name is Cevalles? Something like that. The report said that he was involved with the current pres at some level.

I saw it on Fox News this am. I think the name is Cevalles? Something like that. The report said that he was involved with the current pres at some level.

Thanks. I found a story through Google. You have a great memory, for just hearing a news report. The kidnap victim's name is Diego Fernandez de Cevellos.

Incidentally, the same article claimed the body count in Mexico's drug war over the past 40 months has passed the 23,000 mark. That's 575 per month or nearly 20 per day, seven days a week.

Bill Quimby