Sign in to follow this  
mjmhunter

My wife's archery Kaibab buck

Just got back from the Kaibab and had a great time even though it was a fairly tough hunt for us. I had not been on the Kaibab for about 14 years and had to learn it all over again. We had a tough time finding decent bucks, but my wife was able to get it done on a decent 3x3 making it her second Arizona archery buck.

This buck messed with her for an hour before presenting a shot. He came into her stand and only offered a head on shot. As he started to leave he turned broadside and she came to full draw, just as she was settling her pin he turned away not giving her time to shoot. The buck walked out and her heart sank. She settled in again still having a lot of morning left to hunt. About 10 minutes later the buck reappeared and came back in. Again he was head on and she still had no shot. After about 10 minutes or so he turned just enough giving her a shot. The buck was 35 yards and she tucked the arrow tight to his right shoulder and it came out right behind his left shoulder. She double lunged him and the buck only went 30 yards before piling up. I am very proud of her for having the composer to hold out that long for a shot opportunity.

Now its on to the elk hunts and am excited to get out of town tomorrow. Won't be back till the end of the early rifle elk hunts and can't wait to see all the bulls you guys are going to kill. We weren't lucky this year in drawing any tags but its going to be a good year. Good luck to all with tags!!!!!!! >>>Thanks for looking, Manny

post-681-1283925179.jpg

post-681-1283925244.jpg

post-681-1283925279.jpg

post-681-1283925319.jpg

post-681-1283925396.jpg

post-681-1283925427.jpg

post-681-1283925486.jpg

post-681-1283925515.jpg

post-681-1283925541.jpg

That is a brute of an archery muley. A huge congrats.

Congratulations to your wife on a great looking buck. :)

TJ

congrats to your wife!

that is a fine lookin' buck!

way to hang in there to get the shot she wanted.

james

Score one for the 'Girl's Team" :P Way to go, awesome buck!

Congrats Tiana on your buck way to get it done. Manny I know you guys spent a lot of long hard hours up there to make something happen and it worked out.Congrats again on the buck great photo's and story Manny.